PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My 04 Regency build

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so in love with these trucks. nice build man very nice.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! I'm going to see if my blower will still mount up since i leaned my alternator up and over a little bit. If so i'll be putting my blower back on with only 8 psi of boost.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just out of curiousity, is this going to be a street truck or strip? the fuel cell doesnt look very bigg, thatd be alot of stops if u ever made a long trip . awesome build tho. what et's was you running with the 4.8? thats quite a bit of power for a truck
Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

It's a 20 gal cell. It will be a street/strip truck. I only got to run it once with the supercharger on it with the stock five spd. I started out in second so it wouldn't burn out so bad and i didn't give it enough gas and i almost killed it and so i down shifted back to first and took off. I'll have to look for what my time was but i know i hit 98 mph i think i ran a 15 or 16 sec pass. With a stock 6.0 with a stock 5 spd i run 14 something at 89 mph or close to that. So i know if i would of launched good i would of been over 100mph and faster than a 14sec pass. I got to the track late and that was the only pass i got to take and before i could go back i blew out the rear main seal.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

It's been a while since i've been on here to update things so this is where i'm at now.
I rebuilt the rearend a while ago with 4.11 gears and an auburn pro posi. The posi was fun at the beginning but then it didn't hook up like it did when it was new.

When I put the viper 6 spd in i put a used clutch in because thats all i had. It lasted for a while and it started slipping bad so i parked the truck. I happen to come across a brand new Spec stage 3 clutch for $200 so i bought it and pulled the tranny and put it in. Since I turned the flywheel I put a spacer behind the slave cylinder which ended up being to much cause the clutch would slip when i would hate on it. So I pulled the tranny back out and removed the spacer plate and while I had the tranny out I took the stock speed gear out of the old 5 spd and put it in the viper tranny so that my speedo would work right. Had all that fixed and was driving the truck for a while and I broke the gears in the rearend.

So my truck is back up on the jack stands. This time I bought a 14 bolt with a eaton E-locker. I'm going to leave the 3.73 or 3.23 gears that are in it for now and see how it runs. If I don't like it I'm going to go with some 4.56. I've also have a problem when i'm driving it just cuts out like i shut it off and turned it back on. It started doing this after I got the truck tuned with the new gears in the rearend. I took it back to them and he showed me that the passenger side cylinders were running rich and over compensating for a bad injector or coil or something. So I plan on going bigger anyway so I bought some 60lb injectors and I'm going to dig in a little deeper and make sure it's my injectors that are bad.

I just had a baby September 21 so I don't have alot of free time to play with the truck but I'll upload so pictures of my progress as I go. First thing is the 14 bolt swap. I was thinking of making some c-clip elimiinators for it since I haven't found any that you can buy. If I make some is there anyone else that would want some?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

sweet build man. im looking foward to seeing some sweet track times.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Just a couple picks of the stock and the 14 bolt rear axles. Took them to the machine shop Friday to get the 6 bolt pattern put on the 14 bolt axles. should get them back this week sometime maybe next with the holiday.

10 bolt rearend
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool man, thanks for coming back with the update! Congrats on becoming a daddy, that's the best feeling in the world!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Launching!

good to see u still workin on truck! i cant stop workin on mine. i just got 98 s-10 zr2 so the black truck never leaves the garage anymore trying to cut back miles on it. good luck with truck keep me updated and give me a call some time would like to see the new baby!!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Got the axles back from the machine shop Friday. I took the 10-bolt out from under the truck. Which is for sale!! I just need to figure out what I'm going to do for the brakes on the 14 bolt. My truck has a bear big brake kit on it but those won't bolt onto the 14 bolt. I've thought about those wilwood 6 piston setups but I haven't looked into it yet.

Quick Reply: My 04 Regency build