PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Introducing.....Sleep-a-Rado

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, moving along on the fuel system. I got the stainless braided -8AN ran for the feed line and hacked up the bottom of the stock bucket to fit the 450 in. Also, ran the new racetronix harness for the fuel pump, just have to tap into the factory pump power for the relay control on the new racetronix relay.

Found a cool place to mount the relay with the racetronix harness. Looks factory and I liked the way it turned out.

All of this while also trying to fab up a piece for the whipple so I can actually make it work with the intercooler. Maybe one of these years I will upgrade it to 102mm TB and FAST intake.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

A lot has happened since my last post. I ended up messing up the bucket that I was going to use, so I had to order a brand new pump. Those China ones are cheap! Worked well and I made sure to be careful this time.

Then I had to modify the bottom output section of the whipple so I could get the intercooler piping to work since there was such a tight space between the blower and intake.

Before:

After:

On the blower:

Next thing is to get this on!

Then I have to get another piece of the blower machined. It never ends!

As usual, have more detailed pics in the album at the first post.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Nice work! I like it!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Love torque builds.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, being a towing vehicle I am hoping I get some monstrous torque outta her.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looking good.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

OK, been a few weeks, but between 4 month old, work, and school, it has been a challenge getting to do any work.

Did finally get the piping worked out for the intercooler. I am now waiting on a 90 deg. elbow to finish it completely. Did I mention how much I HATE waiting on parts?!

Also, I found a way to mount the power steering cooler without having to modify too much.

The only piping left to do is the throttle body to Volant air box, which is going to be the hardest!

This is one of the things I have on order. Will need to get a longer silicone coupler as you can see it is barely inside of the current one.

Good pic of the piping hooked up with the blower modifications. Will be putting a longer coupler on this one too with the bend in it. Also, you can tell how much of a B*tch it is going to be to get the throttle body to Volant air box piped up.

This is how I held the power steering cooler in place. Simple, but effective!

Lastly, this is my favorite part of the intercooler install. This intake piece came out perfectly! I just have to get the new 90 deg coupler to finish it off. You can see the placement of the new IAT sensor. I am somewhat worried about heat soak, but I think it is all relative in the tuning, so hopefully I will be OK.

Need to cut and couple this.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man, been a little while since I posted. My new son is keeping me busy!

Got the final intercooler pipe on, and filled all the fluids. No leaks!!

Now, I had a ton of issues getting the truck to even idle, but after multiple posts on EFI forums and tweaking settings, it is at least idling. The only other issue I am having now is the truck keeps stalling when I am turning around corners. I am pretty sure it is a tuning issue still, but working that out.

Here are the pics of the first oil change and last intercooler piping! Oil looked perfect for the first change.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is that inside the oil filter in the second pic? The oil looks like a strippers lips with all that glitter in there. Is it just the picture or are you loosing a bearing?
Old 08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh man, I love it.

Yeah it is the filter on the first oil change. I read that on the first oil change, that is what you want to see because all the parts are wearing in. Is that not right?