PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Aunt Jemima

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ordered some new front wheels to match the rears. I think it looks a lot better. He are some picks on the new fronts mocked up. A comparison to the stockers I was running. A couple picks of them being pained. and how they look on the truck Finally got the muscle truck look I was going for.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Are those Viking shocks and strong arms? If so, make sure you turn the shock do the adjustment ***** face inboard. Another member snapped them off when he drove around the block with the adjustment ***** facing the wheel
Old 04-02-2019, 07:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fronts

What are the specs of the new fronts? Looks great!
Old 04-02-2019, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
Are those Viking shocks and strong arms? If so, make sure you turn the shock do the adjustment ***** face inboard. Another member snapped them off when he drove around the block with the adjustment ***** facing the wheel
They are Ridetech shocks.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CCollins
What are the specs of the new fronts? Looks great!
Thanks! I have been getting some questions about the wheels. Wanted to go with the Cragar soft 8s but they no longer make them in custom backspacing. So I reached out to US Wheel they said they would make them only draw back is they ship bare metal. The fronts and rears are both US Wheel. I ordered them all from Summit Racing. Rears are 15x10 with 6 3/4in backspacing. Fronts are 17x8 with 5in backspacing. I found a spare set of caps, decided to paint them black. I really like the look. Reminds me of the older 454ss trucks.

Last edited by jfuegner; 04-03-2019 at 04:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jfuegner:
CCollins (04-02-2019), silentbravo (04-04-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Found a local guy on Craigslist selling some Silverado / Camaro parts. Picked up a pair of wheels with brand new tires on them for $40.00 for the pair! Getting ready for some cruse nights, need a spare set of rears for F***ing around, doing donuts and burnouts. He also had a driveshaft safety loop laying around. He said it was for a 4l60 in an older model camaro. I picked it up for $10.00 figured id see if it would fit my truck. Mocked it up and it fit perfect. Cleaned ad painted it and the stock drive shaft. I will need to double check my pinion angle due to driveshaft loop mounting between trans mount and transmission. Made rear of transmission slightly higher.

Last edited by jfuegner; 04-10-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Got my wide band sensor installed. Its a little further back than I hoped. But I wanted to be able to monitor both banks. Also installed the trans temp gauge sender. Sould give me a good base line for when I put in the larger transmission cooler to see if it makes a difference or not.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I have been dealing with a bit of bump steer. Not terrible, but if a big enough bump is hit on the road or highway, I do notice it. Been doing some research on alignment an tie rod angles. My tie rods are currently angled up some from rack to knuckle. I have been trying to find a solution for this but there dose not seem to be much out there. Seen a few flip kits and some people have flipped the stock tie rods. I have decided to try to do heim joints tie rod ends. Picked up a pair of stock knuckles from a buddy who swapped to drop spindles. Sand blasted then painted them. Found a threaded adjusting sleeve and heim end with a 14mm bolt. I trimmed down about 1/4 inch off the top and drilled a hole through the tie rod tapered part. Hopefully it will put my tie rods at a better angle.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

I would recommend a safety washer above the heim joint. If it fails, that safety washer will contain the heim on the shaft. Get one that is bigger in diameter than your heim inner diameter. Just added piece of mind and safety.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks ill look in that. I will be using a grade 8 bolt as well, and will likely drill a hole through if for a cotter pin.

Quick Reply: Aunt Jemima