PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Aksss's 408 s480 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Looks like roundtrip tickets from here to Juneau are about $700 each, my offer stands. Not even kidding
We will definitely Talk about this and give it serious consideration.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Few small updates.

Got my new fuel pump. Should have it installed tomorrow. That should fix my fuel pressure issue.

I have a issue with fuel smell. I knew I would have a small smell from eliminating all the Evap system. Which I am not sure I would do it again. But when I park my truck in my semi shop 35x80, after about an hour it smells so strong of fumes that one might think it would explode if you lite a cigarette, so you can imagine how it is in my home garage.

Now I have two vents for the tank. One is the stock 1/8th inch (guess) vent line that runs up to the filler neck. Then since I switched to the 05up tank I used the 5/8 port of the rollover valve as another tank vent. I had read about people having issues filling their tanks up because of pressure build up. So I ran the 5/8 line up near the fill neck and added in the line. Truck fills up as stock and I have never had a problem filling up.

Any ideas on the fuel smell? Should I pull the 5/8 line out of the filler neck and try a filter on the end of it? Zip tie it up to the filler neck like that? My wife doesn't even want me parking it in the garage at home right now. She says she can smell it in the house. Smells good to me! Haha

I also got a new meth system coming. Julio from Alky control set me up with a new dual nozzle setup. 10gal and a 15gal/hr nozzles. Should do a lot better than the 375nozzle on the snow setup. With straight meth and my 90 octane crap fuel I should be able to turn it up!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:29 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I have a filter on the end of my 5/8" hose near the pump fill, that helps a lot. My truck parked in the garage I get very little odor with no evap. Might could smell it for a day after I fill it up, but after that nothing.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

What kinda filter? I tried to find a 5/8 nipple carbon filter.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:05 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Just a generic one I had laying around, I think I got it from autozone actually, looks like one you put on the oil cap as a breather.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I got the pickup out yesterday for the first time for the year. Most of the snow is gone and I can drive it on dry pavement. Looks like the fuel pump issue has been fixed, I think. I need to swap pumps to the other pump as the primary and see if the afr's stay the same. I really need to invest in a fuel pressure gauge.

I have a aeroforce pressure sensor that I am going to try to use as a stand alone and log it with HPT. I think it will work. I have the 5v regulator for the sensor.

Has anyone tried doing this?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AkSSS
Well, I got the pickup out yesterday for the first time for the year. Most of the snow is gone and I can drive it on dry pavement. Looks like the fuel pump issue has been fixed, I think. I need to swap pumps to the other pump as the primary and see if the afr's stay the same. I really need to invest in a fuel pressure gauge.

I have a aeroforce pressure sensor that I am going to try to use as a stand alone and log it with HPT. I think it will work. I have the 5v regulator for the sensor.

Has anyone tried doing this?
take me for a ride!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by akdg87
take me for a ride!!!
Anytime. Lol. It's pretty slow right now. Haha
Old 04-10-2016, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Well I got my old snow meth kit off the truck last night. I got started installing the alkyControl setup.

I may or may not have realized the led that comes with the kit is a two color dual function led that is only 5v. I may have put 12 volts to it. Damn it. Pretty sure I fried it. Oh well. I'm sure those are inexpensive.

Now I just need to figure out where to put both nozzles. Can you put them prett close to each other? But on different sides of the pipe from each other. I might have to update my charge pipes to my throttle body a little if I can't have them pretty close together. Other wise my second nozzle would be too close to the tb.
Attached Thumbnails Aksss's 408 s480 build-image.jpeg  
Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey man, been a long time...

Looks like your build is getting close to seeing some track time. I've been following along, eager to see how it turns out. Should be a beast!

Quick Reply: Aksss's 408 s480 build