PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

ak2007r6 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry bout the hurt motor. But I'm in agreement with keeping the daily stock (ish). I've decided that's the route I'm taking too. Long tubes and the long awaited tune are all I'm doing more Performance wise. Appearance and suspension are on the to do though.

Go nuts with a hot rod track toy. Then if/when you break something by pushing the limits- it can sit and wait till time and money allow.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry boute the truck man, that sucks! I know what its like to **** off the wife cuz the dd is down lol....find something light and make it fast
Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear it, really liked this rig! Good luck on the next toy.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sucks! i always see u posting on threads where **** breaks on mine so im doing the same LOL! man this sucks, and yes i suggest a stock-ish DD.. we always wanna go faster and then we break **** , fix and go even faster.. its how it is people are always greedy for more but its uncontrollable. so good luck on the next weekend toy and hope u get this truck figured out, i know how it feels to be truck-less trust me
Old 06-04-2013, 11:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
Sorry bout the hurt motor. But I'm in agreement with keeping the daily stock (ish). I've decided that's the route I'm taking too. Long tubes and the long awaited tune are all I'm doing more Performance wise. Appearance and suspension are on the to do though.

Go nuts with a hot rod track toy. Then if/when you break something by pushing the limits- it can sit and wait till time and money allow.
Thanks. Ya once the truck is back to stock I will take it and the wifes rig and sale/trade in and get a nicer family rig for us. Still looking into what that will be. She has an 08 Ford Explorer right now which works but with kids and dogs I want something with leather for easy clean up. Also want to not drive a Ford LOL.
Originally Posted by milkey57
Sorry boute the truck man, that sucks! I know what its like to **** off the wife cuz the dd is down lol....find something light and make it fast
Yea, she is all about me having a race truck and dumping money on that so glad she still supports my addiction.
Originally Posted by foose04
Sorry to hear it, really liked this rig! Good luck on the next toy.
Thanks! I'm torn if I want to go old school and find a 69, 70 something pickup or find an early 2000 GM truck like yours and go crazy with it. Keep checking Craiglist and not seeing much of either right now.
Originally Posted by supercharged680
This sucks! i always see u posting on threads where **** breaks on mine so im doing the same LOL! man this sucks, and yes i suggest a stock-ish DD.. we always wanna go faster and then we break **** , fix and go even faster.. its how it is people are always greedy for more but its uncontrollable. so good luck on the next weekend toy and hope u get this truck figured out, i know how it feels to be truck-less trust me
HP is addicting.. very addicting. For what I want to do it was just not practicle to do to a 4 door heavy *** 4x4 truck. Especially with the monthly payment I had.

Thanks everyone. Will update once I have some parts for sale and also when I find the new toy.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

At least your wife supports your hobby. mine wants me to trade in both of our cars for a GMC Acardia. Its a very nice SUV, but Id rather have my truck.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AndysC3
At least your wife supports your hobby. mine wants me to trade in both of our cars for a GMC Acardia. Its a very nice SUV, but Id rather have my truck.
Didn't see that coming?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

So what plugs were in this thing? I'm surprised to see bent rods because prochargers aren't too aggressive in the torque department...
Old 06-05-2013, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

BR7's if I recall.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Teching In

And just like that it's over.....man at least you had one kick *** build!! Hell your ride was got me into wanting to build mine......good luck with your next build!

Quick Reply: ak2007r6 Build Thread