PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   2018 LTZ Z71 Redline 6.2/8 speed (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/2018-ltz-z71-redline-6-2-8-speed-552573/)

Choda 04-30-2018 10:13 AM

2018 LTZ Z71 Redline 6.2/8 speed

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.per...89028f3d9.jpeg
So far so good and I'm slowly saving to turbo it. Once the tracks open up, I'll get some stock passes then have New Era Performance put a tune on it.

Pros -
-Options - ltz plus package, sunroof, etc etc
-Comfort - any new vehicle rides so smooth and cruising around I cant hear the truck at all, its def something that jumped out to me.
-Looks - White Redline caught my eye and I had to get it.
-Crew cab - coming from a extended cab with three kids... the extra room is really nice.
-6.2 power

Cons -
-Kinda disappointed in the 36K mile/ 3 year warranty. I woulda thought the factory warranty would cover more miles.
-Key ( no push button start )
-The huge basket sized center counsel storage under the radio. what the hell? The arm rest has a similar storage. I wish they would have had a little better area layout.
-unable to put defrost,face and feet on at the same time. My 17 malibu could do this and its super nice.
-Screen not pointing to the driver. Its perfect for the kid in the middle seat in the back LOL.
-ECM and TCM - I'm reading that it takes more credits to tune it and I have to send the TCM to HP Tuners to unlock it. arg
-no rear hvac vents

My cons list is larger than pros but I really do love the truck and cant wait to see how it responds to a tune and eventually FI.

Vortec350ss 04-30-2018 10:37 AM

Awesome!

3 year 36k bumper to bumper or drivetrain?? I thought drivetrain was 5/60k on these.

FFDP 04-30-2018 10:59 AM

Yup, it's like 8 credits to fully tune a 2017+ truck. Pretty great when you already spend 40-50k on a new vehicle.

Atomic 04-30-2018 03:39 PM

Coming from a car that had like zero storage I love the basket size center console thing :lol:

The no pushbutton start might be my biggest irritation with mine. My 2012 hyundai had it and it was so nice not having to dedicate a hand to a key when you unlock the doors or mess with keys at all. Just hop in and go with the key in your pocket.

Choda 05-01-2018 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss (Post 5437974)
Awesome!

3 year 36k bumper to bumper or drivetrain?? I thought drivetrain was 5/60k on these.

Honestly, im not positive but I believe you are right

Originally Posted by FFDP (Post 5437975)
Yup, it's like 8 credits to fully tune a 2017+ truck. Pretty great when you already spend 40-50k on a new vehicle.

Im betting people will be picky about whos tuning their trucks now.

Originally Posted by Atomic (Post 5438008)
Coming from a car that had like zero storage I love the basket size center console thing :lol:

The no pushbutton start might be my biggest irritation with mine. My 2012 hyundai had it and it was so nice not having to dedicate a hand to a key when you unlock the doors or mess with keys at all. Just hop in and go with the key in your pocket.

I 100% agree

Choda 05-04-2018 07:35 AM

AC doesn't blow cold and seems like there is some flaring in the up shifts. Just hit 600 miles and going to schedule an oil change to address these two issues. I want to cut open the oil filter just to see.

Ordering up a RX can. This video was pretty awesome.

thewrx 05-04-2018 08:39 AM

Does the redline package come with all the the interior features too?

What color white is that, the upgraded frosty/metallic/pearl one?

Same truck wife wants, but think she wants color match grill though.

Choda 05-04-2018 08:41 AM

I believe Redline is only exterior. Interior is where your LT, LTZ , HC package will come into play.

Summit White

I love the total paint scheme Chevy did with this. Love the white and black with red ascents.

Mconcha 05-05-2018 11:02 AM

What made you purchase the new truck, if you don’t mind me asking?

Choda 05-07-2018 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mconcha (Post 5438525)
What made you purchase the new truck, if you don’t mind me asking?

I sold my old truck that was an ecsb and had a 17 malibu to trade in and have gm employee discount and needed a crew cab. All the stars aligned and I bought it.