PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

2000 ecsb Silverado 2wd fake prerunner/ tow rig/ daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 136 Likes on 97 Posts

Picked up a pretty nice set of 35/12.5/17 mud terrains today for $100. Got stuck in the dudes driveway because he still had about 8” of slush. He hooked up his f350 to one of my dyno tie downs and pulled me up out of his driveway lol.

also ordered a set of vision ojos beadlock wheels. They are 17x9 with a 3.5” backspace so I should get good amounts of bro poke. I’m gonna roll the passenger bed side but wait to pull them till I have the wheels and tires fitted.

also today I decided to make the truck look like **** lol. It looks a little methy now but it will get better I promise. Ripped off the front and rear bumpers, factory spare, some heat shields underneath the cab and will continue to lighten the truck up as I go. Funny thing is I noticed a pretty big difference in how it felt on the test drive after. I need to scale it now and keep track of the progress. Also took some overload springs off and the back of the truck raised up about 2” or so and rides a bit softer which is good this truck felt a bit too firm. Especially in the front, I’m hoping the change in geometry between the lift spindle, lower backspace wheel and upper control arm might soften it up but I’ll likely need to get some softer longer springs for the front. The bed corners will get cut down a bit after I build a low profile rear bumper and hitch setup for it like the one in the last picture just not as nice lol.

Old 01-19-2024, 05:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 408 Likes on 320 Posts

I can’t stand the way they look. Sorry it’s a rectangle brick bolted to a smooth rounded truck. They look stupid on the roof to me, but to each their own. You need that much light to drive at night?
Old 01-19-2024, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
I can’t stand the way they look. Sorry it’s a rectangle brick bolted to a smooth rounded truck. They look stupid on the roof to me, but to each their own. You need that much light to drive at night?

to each his own. Most prerunner trucks have all sorts of lighting on them. My old ranger did and I liked it. I even had a 32” light bar for the reverse lights, it was awesome, just wouldn’t wanna be behind it when I was backing up lol.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,174 Likes on 894 Posts

I could do lighting in the grille. Roof is just whacky.
Old 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got my wheels in today and the rest of the parts I need for the lift so I’m going to start on that tomorrow. Pretty happy with the wheels for real beadlock wheels that were under a grand shipped. Picked up the tires used for $100. Now that I see how the wheels fit I can cut and pull the bedsides to tuck them in. Hope I have enough that I can pull because they poke out pretty good.

also I cut a set of fenders for when the front fiberglass fenders come in. I used the ones off the 05 suburban I parted out so I’m hoping they will work for the cat eye front end.

Old 01-23-2024, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,436 Likes on 1,063 Posts

You just need *most* of the inner fender structure, so I don't think it matters what the headlight design was/is- because you cut that off anyway

When I've done this for others, I cut the spot welds out with a spot weld cutter. You are free to move about the country however you please- but that's been the cleanest way for me to do it

Also, you will definitely want to brace the radiator support to firewall after you have cut out fenders. They actually aren't that strong with the sheet metal removed and things will tear. I can post some pics of how I've done that in the past
The following users liked this post:
T-RevMotorsports (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes please post some pictures of the bracing you’ve made. And I agree drilling out the spot welds is usually the cleanest way but the ones I did seemed to turn out pretty nice and it was easy to find good cut lines to follow. Plus I got two super light fender skins I can use as some garage decor or something
Old 01-24-2024, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got both bedsides rolled and pulled. My welder **** the bed today so I ordered a little mig welder off Amazon. I’ll need that for the brackets to keep the bedsides flared out. Pretty happy with the look of the bed on the truck now. I was able to also hammer out some of the dents that were on the drivers side.

The following 5 users liked this post by T-RevMotorsports:
arthursc2 (01-24-2024), silentbravo (01-26-2024), smokinlmm (01-24-2024), strutaeng (01-24-2024), wretched73 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 408 Likes on 320 Posts

Wheels look good.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,174 Likes on 894 Posts

I thought you had planned on buying bedsides?

Quick Reply: 2000 ecsb Silverado 2wd fake prerunner/ tow rig/ daily driver