NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Safe spray?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont spray a 125 dry shot on your truck unless oyu have an inline fuel pump. Wet system is much safer IMO since you dont have to rely on electronics to make up the exrta fuel. WHite on your truck you wont ahve enough injector to make up the fuel needed since you have a 6L with a cam. Run a wet system. The ONLY down side to a wet system is puddling of the intake potentially which if ran right you dont have to worry about. Of all the nitrous systems running outthere how many vids do you see of blown intakes. I have seen maybe a dozen total. Thats out of the thousands of kits out there running. If oyu use window swithces you dont have to worry about puddling the intake.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Dont spray a 125 dry shot on your truck unless oyu have an inline fuel pump. Wet system is much safer IMO since you dont have to rely on electronics to make up the exrta fuel. WHite on your truck you wont ahve enough injector to make up the fuel needed since you have a 6L with a cam. Run a wet system. The ONLY down side to a wet system is puddling of the intake potentially which if ran right you dont have to worry about. Of all the nitrous systems running outthere how many vids do you see of blown intakes. I have seen maybe a dozen total. Thats out of the thousands of kits out there running. If oyu use window swithces you dont have to worry about puddling the intake.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like a wet kit cause 1) i don't rely on electronics to add fuel 2) i didn't/don't have enough injector to add fuel if the electronics worked right 3) affraid to freeze the mass sensor 4) arguably more power with wet 5) i feel better spraying a 125 wet over a 125 dry and i can keep going on. these are my reasons.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by goshawk23
i like a wet kit cause 1) i don't rely on electronics to add fuel 2) i didn't/don't have enough injector to add fuel if the electronics worked right 3) affraid to freeze the mass sensor 4) arguably more power with wet 5) i feel better spraying a 125 wet over a 125 dry and i can keep going on. these are my reasons.
Ok I don't want to get into a wet/dry is better, but dry is safer than a wet hit by design. Yes, sometimes there are hurdles, but the fact remains it's safer.

The MAf will be a lot more reliable than a fuel noid, wiring, fuse, relay. When is the last time anyone heard of a MAF failing, well we hear about the fuel noid all the time. Freezing the MAF, almost unreal that this still goes around, it just dosen't happen. You jet a dry to the same level as a wet and you have the same power, period. If you have more I would like to hear them.
Now with that said, if you want to go wet that's fine, it is safer than it has ever been, but still does not equal dry. If you guys want more I can link a current thread on this safety thing.
Robert

Oh by the way if I can help in your kit selection just give me a holla.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default eaton posi

The eaton posi and 4.10s goin in thurs. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! haha
Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much can be sprayed with a dry shot?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

you need to go at with the idea that your going to brake somthing anyway so put a good wet system on it and spray it till you do.Just to make sure have it dyno on the spray and see what your air fuel is and,put a good fuel pump in it we are spraying the same truck and we are not even using a window switch but is stock with 100 shot and so far it has done well
Old 12-20-2005, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

say no to dry
Old 12-20-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nxpress03
say no to dry
Feel free to express your thoughts but remember that no one will take you seriously unless you give arguments for your comments or arguments against others.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have enough injector then by all means spray a dry shot but the fact is our 27# injectors cannot support a vehicle that has full bolt ons and a tune plus IMO a 50 dry shot it aint going to happen. I know someone personally who has the marine 8.1 injectors and an inline fuel pump and is spraying a 150 dry shot on his truck. To me that is alot of money to go that route to spray it the right way when you could get a wet kit and spray to your hearts content now at about 150 you are going to run out of fuel pump regardless. Also with a dry kit in my my experience and the guy I was talking about he had to pull timing back to 24*s I ran 31-32* WOT on my wet kit with full bolt ons nelson tune and a comp 222/224 112lsa(sport side take it easy on me I know its not a nitrous cam) and I had dynatechs not shorties and I didnt have to back off a single degree of timing. So in this case I was making more power due to being able to run more timing plus the nitrous so I was making more power on motor plus what the nitrous gave me. I also like the fact that I dont have to worry if Im reaching the limit of my injectors cause the fuel is already there with a wet once again. Personal preference seems to be the theme in this thread. True that a fuel noid can go bad. Once I get my truck all back together I will be running a output of my dynojet wideband commander where if it goes lean beyond 13:1 it will trip the nitrous relay and bam no blown motor from the nitrous. This is a complicated way to do it but IMO the safest by far Im not relying injectors to make up my fuel needs and Im not taking a chance of a bad fuel noid leaning my engine to meltdown. These are my personal reason and when I step up to a 300 shot on my new motor it will be a wet system that I will be running. Take my points for what they are worth I ahve been spraying for 7-8 months but have learned alto and done my research so IMO I know what I am talking about. The guys that are advocates of the dry system bring up good points but when run correctly a wet system cant be beat when ran like I am talking about. I will also be running a progressive controller to with windowswitches incorporated so I dont ahve to worry about the dreaded puddling. Puddling IMO is a great myth if the nitrous system is run correctly. If you run it off a window swtich with enoguh CFM of air moving through the intake nitrous/fuel has no chance to "puddle" in there its all going into the cylinders. But that is just my take on that also. If I am wrong on any points that I have made someone please correct me so I dont blow my **** up

Quick Reply: Safe spray?