NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

ready for n20

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ready for n20

So up to now it has been all motor for me but i think its that time for N20, iam thinking since iam on a stock pistons I want to stay with in a 125 wet shot, Iam thinking about a 78mm plate on a window switch, what due you guys think , give me your opinion on kits, what to get, what to stay away from who has a better deal ? ect ......... THANKS IN ADVANCE !

Last edited by 1slowz71; 01-29-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Come on guys I dont know squat about squat when it comes to nitrous , teach me something , basics, how due things work how can get best resolts , who sales a better kit , ect...........!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a Harris Speed works plate kit for sale in the classifieds, Brand new with new plugs for $525 if you decide to run spray. Save you about $100 or so
Old 01-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The harris speed works wet kit is great,I would spray with a shark nozzle and see how tou like it before you spend the extra cash on the plate,as far as the window switch thats up to you I dont use one tho.Also be sure to get some colder plugs and a bottle heater.I dont know too much but if you need more help just PM me.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a brand new never used harris speed works bottle/mounts/heater, 2 solenoids. One for the giggly and one for the purge.. It is a dry kit, but can be made wet with the addition of another nozzle.. You will just need jets, wires, a relay.. PM me if you are interested...
Old 01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the nitrous outlet plate on my truck. It worked really well. Nice fit and finish. N2o outlet says it will flow 400hp worth of nitrous. We put around 200 worth through mine and the plugs looked good as far as distribution. The people at N2o outlet have always been nothing but helpful when I've asked them questions and that goes along ways when it comes to me spending money with someone...I've had the opposite experience with HSW.

I would look into Nitrous Outlet if you plan to get a nitrous plate to spray through the front of the intake. You can buy an HSW plate kit for cheaper, BUT, it is only good for around a 200shot. Now, I don't know if its because it comes with smaller orifice solenoids or if the plate itself is different, that's one of those questions that went unanswered for me from HSW. The HSW brute force kit which and N2o outlet kit are the same price and are both advertised to flow 400hp worth of nitrous. Just from personal experience, I would choose nitrous outlet because I know the plate works and they have excellent customer service
Old 01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys for your offers on the kits, and thanks phantom & highroller02 for the advise, i wasent sure if to go with HSW or N20 OUTLET, but as of now iam leaning towards N20 outlet, i really dont **** about nitrous so the more ? they can answer for me the better! thank guys ! any 1 else?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:04 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Window switch and fuel pressure safety switch should be on your list. Also the plate gives cleaner look IMO.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

definantly get a window switch, some like a button
fpss is a good option if you dont have a fuel pressure gauge, i dont have a fpss but i got a gauge

i run a complete big noid kit from n2o outlet and it is amazing with the plate
its controlled by a HSW microedge witch is also a awsome piece

i flip 2 switches, 1 to arm and 1 for my bottle heater and i dont have to worry about a button it activates at my set rpm of 3000 and shuts off for the shifts if i comand it to, it will also lock out the nitrous in certain gears, so say your on street tires you can lock out first gear so by second you have traction and will spray away.

its a fairly extensive setup but it is totally safe and a great power adder, also addicting!

also do some reading on ls1tech there is a bunch of great articles on nitrous use and tuning on there. thats where i learned most of it

any more questions just pm me
Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Keep your system as simple as possible.

FPSS, waste of time and money. Never seen them do any good and just something else to be pissed off at when it fails.

Window switch, my opinion here, another waste of your time and money unless you have a manual trans. It would help you to keep from bangin it off the rev limiter in between gears. Some people will say they help save your trans by not spraying through shifts..I find that theory to be bogus. I think the on/off shock of the nitrous re activating at a set rpm is worse than a continuous cycle. We have several cars around here with hundreds of bottles through them, spraying through the shifts with stock trannies.

There is no such thing as a total safe setup...A wise man once told me, "If you're not completely cool with burnin your **** down at any givin time, then nitrous isn't for you. It doesn't matter if god himself set it up, **** just happens."

Like I said, I think you should keep it as simple as possible. Ground wires to a ground, and the other side to a switch or button that's easily reachable. Be sure to keep your bottle pressure up, make sure you have good fuel pressure at the rail, get some colder plugs, pull some timing in your tune and have fun

Quick Reply: ready for n20