NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

nitrous bottle under the bed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by switched99
you have a toolbox in yours? it doesnt weigh ya down any? always wondered cuz i kinda want one
I have my bottle in the center console. You don't need a big tool box, just big enough for the bottle and brackets, a craftsman would be good and won't weigh you down any.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cuerva
I have my bottle in the center console. You don't need a big tool box, just big enough for the bottle and brackets, a craftsman would be good and won't weigh you down any.
where did you get this done bro... been thinking off doing that... but i with a small bottle... not to big... cuz i would like to keep the cup holders... what nitrous system do u recommend that is small and will fit in the CC...
Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by LA DP6.0
where did you get this done bro... been thinking off doing that... but i with a small bottle... not to big... cuz i would like to keep the cup holders... what nitrous system do u recommend that is small and will fit in the CC...
I did it myself. You can still keep your cupholders but have to shorten their depth or fabricate some, I just never got around to doing mine. This is a 10# bottle, there's still plenty of room, unless you want a 5# bottle but won't get much out of it.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Teching In

I did it myself. You can still keep your cupholders but have to shorten their depth or fabricate some, I just never got around to doing mine. This is a 10# bottle, there's still plenty of room, unless you want a 5# bottle but won't get much out of it.
yea cuz i would like just a little 75 shot... so how many times can i spray with a 5lb bottle bro?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:35 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by LA DP6.0
yea cuz i would like just a little 75 shot... so how many times can i spray with a 5lb bottle bro?
I would say 3 maybe 4 1/4 mile passes at the track, probably 1 more on street runs keeping bottle pressure up with bottle warmer.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Teching In

I would say 3 maybe 4 1/4 mile passes at the track, probably 1 more on street runs keeping bottle pressure up with bottle warmer.
cool what systems have the 5lb bottle?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why not just pick up a small tool box and put it in the corner of the bed that way you dont have a full tool box weighing you down.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

great job with ur center console cuerva, looks damn good and easy to open the bottle for a quick street race, too bad my truck hasnt that center console!!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:22 AM
10 Second Club

Honestly, this is a bad idea to mount the bottle there. You don't want to subject the bottle to the chance of getting hit in an accident, or road debris. There has to be a better way to securely mount the bottle.

As for the purge; just don't run one, and when you're doing a burnout flip the switch for a quick second. That will clear the line of air, and no one will know what you've got.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by schino
although i didnt think i was the first to think of this or to do it, its good to see someone else who has been down that path before. about **** gettin kicked up, i was thinkin of makin a little shield for it or something like that. ive got a lot more room length wise under the bed because of the long bed so i should be able to get it away from the wheel. was also thinkin maybe sprayin the bottle with chip coat or undercoat to dampen anything that may hit it.
I have an air compressor mounted in front of the rear tire and I just bent up some sheet metal as a shield. Works beautifully. The shield takes a beating, and one day I might spray some undercoating on it, but either way, it protects the compressor.

Originally Posted by fastlt1
I would think between the frame rails just in case you are in a accident.
That would make me really nervous. I don't know how much abuse those bottles can take. I have to assume that a side impact would not be good for whoever is driving the other car. That would probably stop me from putting the bottle there. And I know the same thing goes for my compressor, but that is only running 150 psi, not 1150...

Quick Reply: nitrous bottle under the bed?