NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Looking to ad Some Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to ad Some Nitrous

What would be a good complete kit for me I have a 01 Chevy RCSB with the 5.3 and I’m wanting to spray it a little just don’t know of what kits I should be looking at.

Also what all else would I or do I need to replace if I decide to use nitrous stuff like injectors and what not.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at Harris speed works or the other sponsors and they have kits for the LS1 or specific to your truck. I would go wet because for me it is much more simple.
You should run colder plugs and if you want to go any more then 50-75 you should loOK into a timing controller or custom tune. On a stock tune you should be ok to run race fuel up to 100 hp but to extra safe the timing controller is a good idea.

Other nice things to have are a window switch, bottle heater, and a purge. None of these are needed but they all make the system as simple as possible. With all of the things listed you flip one or two switches pull up to the line push the purge button and smash the gas at go time.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:12 AM
TECH Addict

I got a wet kit and im spraying about a 50 shot, jetting is a little rich so is the tune.
Nitrous is alot of fun, im keeping up with/beating cammed 5.3s. Just make sure you get a bottle heater, getting the pressure up will get the most out of the bottle and make it feel really good off the hit.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:05 PM
LS1TECH & TRUCK Sponsor

We have many different options to choose from. Anything from a single nozzle in the air intake tube to a plate that bolts between the throttle body and intake manifold.

If you do a wet system you will not have to worry about injectors. You will need to change your spark plugs to a NGK BR7ef.

We have a 10 percent off sale going until tommorow afternoon. You should give one of our techs a call and go over your truck and needs with him. He can put together a package that fits your needs and budget.

Dave
Old 08-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
We have many different options to choose from. Anything from a single nozzle in the air intake tube to a plate that bolts between the throttle body and intake manifold.

If you do a wet system you will not have to worry about injectors. You will need to change your spark plugs to a NGK BR7ef.

We have a 10 percent off sale going until tommorow afternoon. You should give one of our techs a call and go over your truck and needs with him. He can put together a package that fits your needs and budget.

Dave
So if i were to go with a dry kit i would have to go with bigger injectors?

Im kind of thinking about this one with or with out the bottle if i can get my cousin to sell me his.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...0&product=3480
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Teching In

I got a 10lb NX bottle from my cousin are the kits compatible with this bottle is there any difference or is it just the name on the bottle that’s different.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any bottle is compatible because they all use an fittings. Some may have a -4 but most have a -6 so worst case you will need a $5 adapter but like I said nearly all bottles have a -6.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet

Dave
tr6 wont work for a 75? never heard of these plugs
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Well after doing a lot of thinking iv decided not to put nitrous on it and just stick with doing stuff to my turbo regals and use this to pull them to the track.

So if anyone is interested in it I have a 10lb Nitrous express bottle with gauge for sale shoot me a reasonable offer for it its only been used twice and just taking up space now.

Quick Reply: Looking to ad Some Nitrous