NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

hidden kit on SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hidden kit on SS

hey guys
i want to put a dry kit on my silverado SS and i was wondering how much it can take and where to hide everything. i have a zex kit for it which is good ill 200 shot i believe. just dont want to blow up my truck, just have it be a little faster if needed.
Thanks
Hatchmaster
Old 07-05-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

what brand of intake system are you running or is it stock?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Default 100 Shot

I would not spray anymore than a 100 shot on a stock bottom end unless you upgrade your fuel pump and put a window switch and you should be fine.that dont mean i like dry n20 systems I would recomend you put a wet a shot on it . it is safer and you get a better shot out of it .
Old 07-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nickvrebel
what brand of intake system are you running or is it stock?
stock intake.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nxpress03
I would not spray anymore than a 100 shot on a stock bottom end unless you upgrade your fuel pump and put a window switch and you should be fine.that dont mean i like dry n20 systems I would recomend you put a wet a shot on it . it is safer and you get a better shot out of it .
right but wet kits are harder to install and definatly harder to hide. thanks for the input. i was thinking a 75 shot.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In stock form there isnt much injector left with an LQ9. I wouldnt go anymore than a 75 shot unless you put an inline fuel pump in or larger injectors. Wet is the way to go since you dont have to worry abotu freezing your MAF or relying on the injectors to make up for the extra fuel needed.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:39 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hide my bottle under the bed of the truck in front of the passengers side wheel and have the braided hose running through the chasis.
Attached Thumbnails hidden kit on SS-resized_bottle.jpg  
Old 07-06-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do your own tuning a dry kit on an SS would be a killer way to go. The first thing to do before even trying it though is to install 42lb hr injectors. With as much as even a mild cam swap the stock injectors are more than maxed out and running anything more than a 50hp dry shot would be just asking to go lean. The stock fuel pump is good for up to a 150 shot. Anything over that and you're either going to want a bigger intank pump or an extra inline pump added. The reason the dry system works so well other than that is the timing abilities. You can drive around everywhere with normal full timing and at the instant you hit the nitrous the IAT's will drop like crazy with the sensor being in the maf. What you'd do is program the IAT table to pull the desired timing by how big the shot is. For example if you ran a 100 shot you could go in and pull say 4º of timing from an IAT reading of 32º and down. The same is allowed in the power enrichment settings with allowing you to run say a 12.7:1 a/f ratio and shoot it to say 11.4:1 when the juice is being spayed. Basicly what you'd have is a setup where the computer is going to supply the necessary fuel for both naturally asperated and on the juice, retard the timing to a set number when the nitrous is on while allowing full timing when it isn't, and allow for increased line pressure at the trans with the maf being able to read the air going past it. Basicly I'd say go with the bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump if necessary (depending on how big you want to spray), adjust the IAT spark table to pull the timing for you when the juice is on, adjust the IAT fuel table to run a richer mixture a/f ratio when the juice is on, adjust the trans pressure settings to make sure there is plenty of line pressure to not allow the trans to slip when the juice is on, and top if off with a different set of shift points and trans pressure/shift timing tables in the tow/haul mode for when you want to spray and you'll have a dual duty truck that you don't have to f**k with when you want to use the spray. You can simply put in the full bottle, turn on the heater, and spray whenever you feel like it.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Truck addict

if you take your time you can hide the noids and wires very easily. the bottle is the hard part. if you are trying to race someone and sucker them by using nitrous then the best bet is to put it under the bed like the picture shows. otherwise under the back seat.

also, look into nitro daves nitrous plate. i have one and it makes hiding nitrous a snap.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:52 PM
FormerVendor

Why hide it? Last I checked when it came to street racing it was "Run what you brung and Hope you brought enough". Ill tell somebody straight up if they got sprayed or not, a win is a win in my book.

Quick Reply: hidden kit on SS