PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   NITROUS OXIDE (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/nitrous-oxide-160/)
-   -   fuel upgrades for nitrous (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/nitrous-oxide-160/fuel-upgrades-nitrous-530310/)

brizzle815 06-24-2014 07:09 PM

fuel upgrades for nitrous

So I have been doing little research on running nitrous in my truck. I'm leaning towards a 100 dry shot.

Can I go ahead and upgrade fuel pump and injectors before the nitrous. As funds are available buy a nitrous kit?

Currently running 31lb injectors.

Do I need to change maf?

Stupid question! Will I need to have truck returned just for fuel upgrades? I know need tune with the nitrous.

Thanks guys for any tips and advice

dirt track racer 81 06-24-2014 08:01 PM

You'll need the to retune for the injectors.. Easier to just do a wet shot.

05GMC4.8 06-24-2014 10:28 PM

x2 on that and no need to change your maf

Nitrous Express 06-25-2014 08:39 AM

A Wet shot is much simpler and more consistent and it wont run terrible NA with a nitrous tune. You can get a wet system for right at $445. Pm me for more info

brizzle815 06-25-2014 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nitrous Express (Post 5226461)
A Wet shot is much simpler and more consistent and it wont run terrible NA with a nitrous tune. You can get a wet system for right at $445. Pm me for more info

Pm sent

brizzle815 07-04-2014 09:08 AM

I'm still unsure about my fuel set up.
I know now I'm good on my current injectors.

I'm only wanting 150 shot

I'm wanting to upgrade fuel pump for security.
How much is a stock fuel pump pressure?
Should I go with in line pump and keep stock pump?
Should I go with in tank?
Stock fuel lines ok? Do they need to be bigger
Bosch or walbro pump?
I'm wanting a fuel pressure switch for the nitrous? How do these mechanicaly work?
If I get fuel pressure gauge should I monitor at pump or at switch?

Sorry for the noon questions I just want to do this nitrous right
Thanks

Jake75 07-04-2014 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by brizzle815 (Post 5228562)
I'm still unsure about my fuel set up.
I know now I'm good on my current injectors.

I'm only wanting 150 shot

I'm wanting to upgrade fuel pump for security.
How much is a stock fuel pump pressure?
Should I go with in line pump and keep stock pump?
Should I go with in tank?
Stock fuel lines ok? Do they need to be bigger
Bosch or walbro pump?
I'm wanting a fuel pressure switch for the nitrous? How do these mechanicaly work?
If I get fuel pressure gauge should I monitor at pump or at switch?

Sorry for the noon questions I just want to do this nitrous right
Thanks

i have a nitrous express stand alone you can buy from me i only used it once and it worked great you can run regular fuel in it and not have to worry about fuel pressure dropping in your rails or run race fuel in it and get more out of it. PM me if your interested only reason for me selling it is i just brought a turbo kit :cheers:

EDIT: heres there link. already comes with all an hoses from tank to the pump to the regulator. and mounts in the spare battery tray
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15003-...-gasoline.html

custm2500 07-06-2014 08:07 AM

Not trying to kill you Jake but a stand alone for a 150 shot would be lots of money spent for no real good reason.

silver-mod-o 07-06-2014 08:37 AM

A 150 with a stand alone makes plenty if since to people who don't like to remove brakes and build home made throttle bodies.

You can choose the fuel you want to supplement with and it doesn't tax your main fuel system so it has a better chance of being consistent and easier to tune on the fuel side, especially if the pressure is adjustable.

Jake75 07-09-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by custm2500 (Post 5228863)
Not trying to kill you Jake but a stand alone for a 150 shot would be lots of money spent for no real good reason.

its all good man i had plans of forging the bottom end and sprayin the hell out of it but decided to just go turbo!! phump