New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New Guy from SoMd

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy from SoMd

Hello all, I'm new to this site. I found it when looking for pictures of twin turbo setups on trucks...... I'm a Mopar guy by default, but a truck guy threw and threw...... I'm in the process of building a twin turbo 91 Dakota. I'm a glutton for punishment as I love to row my own gears.... Current trans is a TKO-600 (I'm fully aware it will not last, but its what I have to start with).It will reside behind a Magnum based 390 Stroker, with Spec Stage III clutch. Internals of the engine are 10.5;1 Ross pistons that are ceramic coated with rings lowered, Forged Scat rotating assembly, Edelbrok Performer RPM aluminum heads with 2.02 I Vavles 1.65 E valves.... Cam is a mild hydrolic roller with 598 duration at .050 on a 110 LSA. I've got twin ebay GT-45 69mm turbos that I'll be running this setup on. I'm hoping to get this truck into the 8's eventually..... right now, I'll be happy getting it running...... I almost forgot to mention that I'm running FAST XFI for engine management, and a full Magnafuel fuel system. I need to upgrade my injectors to 80ibs per hr. I'm also running a Dana-60 with all Yukon internals, 35 spline axles, and spool. I've got 4.30 gears for the 1/8, & 3.73's for the 1/4. Only time will tell what this thing will actually do..... Hopefully I'll be able to find some very similar build even if they are not Mopar based. I just want to figure out how to set my turbos up the way I envision.... Thanks in advance to anyone who enlightens me here, and I look forward to making new friend and seeing some of you all at the track.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:30 AM

Hi!

Nice to meet you. Great plan!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Thank you sir, I hope I can execute it now..... Trying to figure out the best way to hang the snails, and keep my radiator......Currently I have two Ideas each presents it's fair share of challenges..... I'd like to hang them in the front bumper area, but that presents a problem with running a radiator. I don't intend to use M5, so I still need my radiator. I could also use a mid mount setup, which presents challenges with plumbing on the hot side. This solves the radiator problem though, so time to figure out what the best approach is.