PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   New Members (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/new-members-101/)
-   -   My Yukon was carjacked (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/new-members-101/my-yukon-carjacked-452310/)

GueroRCSB 01-14-2010 01:26 PM

DAMN...thats good!! man thats crazy how where the wheels found if you dont mind the ?

D_reks{5.3} 01-14-2010 01:26 PM

Sorry to hear man... I know how you feel, mine was stolen a year ago but luckily it was found an hour and half later in another town about 30 mins away, so they didnt have much time to strip much off of it and was caught in the middle of the crime. Still $9k in damages and stereo my insurance had to pay..

Glad to see you got the wheels back atleast. Those are bad ass.

Bad_Apple 01-14-2010 01:34 PM

Man thats great to hear!! Maybe they will bust those assholes! They broke into are business over Thanksgiving and Stole my dads dually and stole two enclosed trailers off are yard, we found the dually about 20 miles away burned completely in a hay field. So I know how it feels.

OnyxSilveradoSS 01-14-2010 01:41 PM

Glad you are ok but where I am from you cant make money off a burned up truck...and now you have your wheels back ? interesting.

speedaddict 01-14-2010 01:46 PM

That's crazy...I know there's bad areas in Austin but never thought of carjacking to be on the list...When I read your story, I thought of my wife in the same situation, how would I feel/react? Glad your family is ok. Hope they find the guys. One good thing about TX is they don't play around when you get caught.

crisp 01-14-2010 02:04 PM

Wow! Intense thread!

Glad your wife is okay... and VERY impressed with your appreciation of your wife and gratitude despite the terrible event. Who WOULDN'T be shook up!?

I understand both sides of the "you were asking for trouble" debate... but have some difficulty with it, since the implication is that it's your fault (victims fault) for what happened. Not unlike saying a "well dressed" woman is "asking for it" if she gets raped. Just a little harsh, no? (Let's not start with the "shouldn't be walking in bad part of town in mini-skirt, etc... just making a point. We shouldn't HAVE to lower our living standard because SOMEONE might have nothing to lose and violate us... for ANY reason. It IS a sad reflection on society... but the outcome is NOT deserved, for sure.)

Amazing now to hear that wheels were recovered! More interested in the resolution relative apprehension and prosecution of the low-life's who did this.

Ultimately, there is no greater value than life and health itself... especially of loved one's. I'd be saddened by the loss from a material possession standpoint, but REALLY grateful for the "NON-LOSS" of life!

Be well, and keep on loving your precious wife! I concur that it may have been a blessing in disguise that you WEREN'T there... and all ended peacefully. (Well... excepting the VIOLENCE your Yukon met with!:cry:

-crisp

viciousknid 01-14-2010 02:33 PM

Great News. Update us when its done with so we know the scoopl.