MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

X-Runner 0-100mph with launch control

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Badass
Old 04-08-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice times, but ugh those trucks are fugly and most of the time the owners are about as smug as prius owners. (As if trucks could not handle before toyota did an average lowered midsize)
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZQ8Dude
Nice times, but ugh those trucks are fugly and most of the time the owners are about as smug as prius owners. (As if trucks could not handle before toyota did an average lowered midsize)
No more so then any other brand of trucks. You get the guys in the big trucks with egos bigger then j-lo's ***. Doesn't matter what model or make you'll always have your douchebag owners and your cool owners.

The trucks do handle very well. I've been autocrossing my truck for almost two years, and have put shame to many sports car owners. In autocross Driver > Car everytime

Drag racing is for fast cars, autocross is for fast drivers.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RunnitHard
No more so then any other brand of trucks. You get the guys in the big trucks with egos bigger then j-lo's ***. Doesn't matter what model or make you'll always have your douchebag owners and your cool owners.

The trucks do handle very well. I've been autocrossing my truck for almost two years, and have put shame to many sports car owners. In autocross Driver > Car everytime

Drag racing is for fast cars, autocross is for fast drivers.
I'm sure they handle well, but i spoke to one tool of an owner who believed that his "xbrace" made his truck outhandle every other lowered truck. In reality, its just an average lowered truck that came with nice bilsteins and very pricey tires(i looked those up awhile ago...eek)

I actually don't drive a big truck. way too bulky IMO.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Teching In

I'm sure they handle well, but i spoke to one tool of an owner who believed that his "xbrace" made his truck outhandle every other lowered truck. In reality, its just an average lowered truck that came with nice bilsteins and very pricey tires(i looked those up awhile ago...eek)

I actually don't drive a big truck. way too bulky IMO.
ya people like that who bring that cocky attitude are lame. the xbrace is very much needed just to keep the composite bed from shifting under corners.

What you call an average lowered truck, Toyota calls a sport tuned suspension. If you can find another stock vehicle that can pull the numbers the X-Runner, then we can agree that the X-Runner is just an average lowered truck.

600-ft slalom: 63.67 mph (reported by Sport Truck Magazine - 350z records 68mph)
200' Skidpad: 0.89g (reported by TruckTrend - 350z records a .90).

You are correct about the tires... and you'll be lucky to get 30k miles out of them. Couldn't agree more on the bulky truck statement. I've never been a fan of the full sized trucks. I much prefer a truck over a car, but love the performance you get out of a sports car. X-Runner fit in that category perfect. Needed a bit of tweaking and tuning to get that real sports car feel, but I couldn't be happier.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya people like that who bring that cocky attitude are lame. the xbrace is very much needed just to keep the composite bed from shifting under corners.

What you call an average lowered truck, Toyota calls a sport tuned suspension. If you can find another stock vehicle that can pull the numbers the X-Runner, then we can agree that the X-Runner is just an average lowered truck.

600-ft slalom: 63.67 mph (reported by Sport Truck Magazine - 350z records 68mph)
200' Skidpad: 0.89g (reported by TruckTrend - 350z records a .90).

You are correct about the tires... and you'll be lucky to get 30k miles out of them. Couldn't agree more on the bulky truck statement. I've never been a fan of the full sized trucks. I much prefer a truck over a car, but love the performance you get out of a sports car. X-Runner fit in that category perfect. Needed a bit of tweaking and tuning to get that real sports car feel, but I couldn't be happier.
IMO i don't think its the actual suspension at all. Most of the sport truck just don't come with expensive grippy tires like that. Hell my colorado came with contintental touring contact AS...err Touring contact ***. (drive a vehicle with them and you'll understand)

Tires certainly don't make the truck special. At the end of the day its working off of the same suspension design as every other lowered truck. Coil sprung up front, SUA leaf spring out back with swaybars. And its not exactly lighter then the average compact/midsize

And on top of it all, 30k is just way overpriced for what you get IMO. One of the local places here even wanted 24k for a used one.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

f*ckin cool truck bro, that thing is moving!!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO i don't think its the actual suspension at all. Most of the sport truck just don't come with expensive grippy tires like that. Hell my colorado came with contintental touring contact AS...err Touring contact ***. (drive a vehicle with them and you'll understand)

Tires certainly don't make the truck special. At the end of the day its working off of the same suspension design as every other lowered truck. Coil sprung up front, SUA leaf spring out back with swaybars. And its not exactly lighter then the average compact/midsize

And on top of it all, 30k is just way overpriced for what you get IMO. One of the local places here even wanted 24k for a used one.
"These tires were staggered special and matched prefect. If you take him on the outside...you can hold him!"

lol sorry I just had too....I want to put my truck up against the road course and see what it will do. I am not a big fan of it, but just want to see. I think my truck handles great. hotchkis sways, 3-4 drop, bilstien/doetsch tech. going to go to laps for charity at tms later this year. 275/45/20's on all 4 corners. does good on the street.

what does a stock x-runner run 1/4 or 1/8th?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastrt
"These tires were staggered special and matched prefect. If you take him on the outside...you can hold him!"

lol sorry I just had too....I want to put my truck up against the road course and see what it will do. I am not a big fan of it, but just want to see. I think my truck handles great. hotchkis sways, 3-4 drop, bilstien/doetsch tech. going to go to laps for charity at tms later this year. 275/45/20's on all 4 corners. does good on the street.

LOL, yeah not quite, but they arent low budget tires. For instance my trucks oem tires are like 80 bucks a tire. The Xrunner's are like 250$ a tire.

I wanna take mine to a road course as well, but i've gotta sort out the baffling of my oil pan so it won't suck air and blow the engine.

I'm pretty sure the average stock X runs in the low 15s.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Teching In

When they first came out they were over priced. You can get them for 22k-24k unless a dealer gets his way with you.

Originally Posted by fastrt

Hotchkis makes good parts, i know for the Daks, they make awesome gear and those things handle VERY well.

LOL, yeah not quite, but they arent low budget tires. For instance my trucks oem tires are like 80 bucks a tire. The Xrunner's are like 250$ a tire.

I wanna take mine to a road course as well, but i've gotta sort out the baffling of my oil pan so it won't suck air and blow the engine.

I'm pretty sure the average stock X runs in the low 15s.
If you can find those tires for 250 a piece please forward that to me, lol. Most places have them for $300+.

You are correct, most stock XR's run low 15's. We have seen a couple stock guys hit 14's but that is uncommon.

Quick Reply: X-Runner 0-100mph with launch control