MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

Stock hemi vs Stock 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont get how your aluminum block 5.3 with 4.10s , stock , ran 2 tenths faster then my normal 5.3 with 3.73' and just the muffler cut off it . no bashing im just wondering did u have traction problems or such , what temp was it
Old 10-13-2005, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.3AlmnBlk
Inever started it some of the guys over at DT did do they like when we bash their trucks? No so we don't like it either do we? no ever hear

"don't do things to others if you dont like it done to you"
When was anyone bashing chevy?? I got mad at a few of the members for their attitude on the website, but not because they own a chevy.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

we had a thread and some people started talking stuff on it, i don't hate dodge i was just trying to see what was up with the dodges and all of them started saying things cuz i had a chevy, i dont hate dodges but also don't like them. i think some members have said the 4.10 will drop 2 tenths off your ET + this was not a clean run it was on like a things for universal cars that my friend had on his civic, but i think i would have run that or a bit higher in the track, plus i am runing a lead of 15hp to the flywheel, i wouldn't be surprise if you had a aluminium 5.3 and 4.1 gears if you would run the same.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

They only talk like that because you were on a DODGE website. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't have a brand preference, so I dont care what you drive, but a ton of the DODGE guys are very partial to dodge only...just like some of the chevy and ford guys as well. You cant go on another brands site, and brag about how much better your truck is than theirs and expect them to take kindly to you. Like I said, it doesn't bother me unless you are only on the site to start trouble and brag non-stop about how great you think chevy is...if thats what you want to do, then do it on a chevy site. This site however is for all brands, which is why I like it. It gives you an opportunity to learn a little about your competition, but try to do it in a civil manner. There's no need to talk down on someone elses truck just because of its brand.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to be honest i know this isnt the title to this thread , a fair race would be a 6.0 ss motor lq9 right ? in a scsb truck with 3.73s , and a rcsb hemi truck with 3.90's and there twentys , equal out the gearing . and the chevy truck gets 17's . both 2wd . that would be a awesome way of comparing .

also alum. im confused are u sayin u never ran it on a track ? and 4.10's help two tenths but u have a 5.3 ho compared to my 5.3 normal . i was just wondering whats up with that .
Old 10-14-2005, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

In that case, I think the 6.0 would take the hemi for the simple fact that it is lighter...and I dont think the chevy's are as detuned as the dodges are.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Resident

Another point to consider, you can't compare 20's to 17's because of the weight differences in the wheels. Most of the time the tires on the 20's are the same diameter as the 17's as in plus sizing, so that the gear remains the same in effect. For an example the stock chrome clad 20's on the Dodge weighs 82 lbs ( tire and wheel ) but the 17's weigh 65 lbs or thereabouts. I am also thinking that both tires are 31" tall.
Someone chime in here if I am mistaken on anything.... I know about the 20's as I had them but I am going on info on memory for the 17's....

TJ
Old 10-14-2005, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

hey putz ive never been beaten by a hemi.. and i drove my buddys and it was slow as ****
Old 10-14-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by METALMULISHA777
hey putz ive never been beaten by a hemi.. and i drove my buddys and it was slow as ****
Blow it out your azz Metal... all I see is hot air... you are too far away to offer up a good race, so tis up to you to go to the track and post a time slip... with your air better post a vid.. Plenty of Hemis that run 13's on the N/A with far fewer mods than you claim....
Old 10-14-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mjfikac
They only talk like that because you were on a DODGE website. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't have a brand preference, so I dont care what you drive, but a ton of the DODGE guys are very partial to dodge only...just like some of the chevy and ford guys as well. You cant go on another brands site, and brag about how much better your truck is than theirs and expect them to take kindly to you. Like I said, it doesn't bother me unless you are only on the site to start trouble and brag non-stop about how great you think chevy is...if thats what you want to do, then do it on a chevy site. This site however is for all brands, which is why I like it. It gives you an opportunity to learn a little about your competition, but try to do it in a civil manner. There's no need to talk down on someone elses truck just because of its brand.
i dont always brag about chevy's, i post some helpfull things and new parts that are coming out for dodges and things like that, and they say some incorrect things why not correct it about chevy.

Quick Reply: Stock hemi vs Stock 5.3