MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

project pinks

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is their a list of anything you guys need? planning on a meth and/or nitrous kit? hell i'll gladly send you 50 bucks. and since kyle is on just about every website im sure a few people from each forum would pitch in.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bronze123
is their a list of anything you guys need? planning on a meth and/or nitrous kit? hell i'll gladly send you 50 bucks. and since kyle is on just about every website im sure a few people from each forum would pitch in.
we are going to run strait race fuel. there are a few things we could use if anyone has stuff laying around but geting cash from people that can't enjoy the project in person seems a little wierd.

let see..... some of these parts are expensive and more than i would expect anyone to just give away but you never know i will just start from the rear to the front of the car. things are geting far enough along now we are starting to get some better ideas of what we are going to need to finish up the project.

rear.. 8.8 clutch rebuild kit, aluminum cover with girdle.

fuel system.. we have a fuel cell but thats about it. we could use an inline pump or two, -8 fittings into pumps. -8line with fittings and line from pumps to cell. -6 outlet for pumps, -6 line and ends from pumps to y, -6y to -8 out, long -8 line to front of car, -6 return to tank. roll over valve for cell and line from roll over valve to outside the car.

dry nitrous system. we have a bottle and jets and jet holder. still need long -4 line, short -3 line, nitrous noid(small one) purge noid, wot switch. blow down tube and bottle brackets.

could use a tranny blanket and fire extinguisher

still need a driveshaft. it would be sweet if one of the driveshaft places would give us one

front prostars for 4 lug with drag tires or smallish radials. not sure if they make 4 lug prostars.

tranny oil, synthetic motor oil, oil filter for engine.

longer throttle cable. maybe one from a truck would work?

rivet on cowl to cover the hole in the hood.

whew. looking at that list there are a lot of things we would like to have but if we dont get them we might cheap out and do something else or just skip it. like the fuel system we could probably get by with one pump but 2 would give us room to get crazy if we decided to spray it or try a bigger turbo.

Last edited by parish8; 02-20-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you planning on any safety equipment? Roll cage, harnesses, etc? That thing may come apart with the power you will be putting threw it.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
single digit dreamer

sure we are. got a cage, harness. going to do a loop, looking for a tranny blanket, going to do a fire extinguisher. none of us want to die having a good time.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When does the track open there in corn country? If I was still up in Maine I could get as much braided stainless line as I wanted free, any size. I may try calling to see If a budy is still there.

Is this car going to make a few Gtech runs anytime soon?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
looking for a tranny blanket
I saw a couple on Ebay for like $80.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:18 PM
single digit dreamer

it will be at least a month before we are ready to drive it. not sure when the track opens. the one in kc opens in just a few weeks but we wont be ready. if you think you can get some free line go for it!! not in much of a hurry.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think how they do it on pinks is that they have you audition? idk, i was watching it today and watched a few diff. episodes from a few diff. seasons, sounds like they were flip flopping on how they got people on the show.

but you could probably contact them... those guys would be all over this, im sure.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

hell depending on how long the motor lasts and how much they push it it might be faster than his truck..
Old 02-21-2007, 11:24 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dirt_track_racer_81
hell depending on how long the motor lasts and how much they push it it might be faster than his truck..
If that is the case then I'll be more than happy to take that slow truck off his hands...just seems to take up space in his garage anyhow!! Let me know Jim, I can be there in no time!

Quick Reply: project pinks