MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

cammed v max vs 5.3 vs another 5.3 ect ,< get in here

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gtosilverado
i dont know exactly whats wrong with it, but for some reason it wont idle correctly... something to do with the air tables

shift points needs to be adjusted
A/F is ok i think
timing is pretty good i believe
that isnt enough to hold it back honestly. that stock stall/3:42 truck damn near put a whipping on him. id be mad simple as that.
shift points are going to do much for him, it'll allow the truck to pull longer w.e gear he decides to run in. i didnt see much difference from my shift adjusts but i seen enough to help my fat *** truck out
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3.42s and the stock stall help him from a roll though, the stock stall isnt losing near as much hp as that looser stall and from what Ive seen the higher geared trucks seem to pull pretty good through second, 3rd is where they seem to have problems. Not making any excuses since I dont have a dog in the fight but the loose converter in that black truck is hurting him unless Wheatley has it tuned to lock in 2nd but it didnt sound like it from the exhaust note atleast.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thing, the bigger cam truck is on 20's... Thats at least another 20 hp lost there...
Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 AM

3:42s help on 2nd gear correct, but they took off in 1st gear so the looser converter/bigger cam/an lower gears hould have done more. my truck
was *** until the engine swap. the only reason i say id be mad is bc the money spent to make the truck faster isnt help me at all against a stock stall/3:42 geared truck. 20s dont count in this battle. its on a shorter tire and has a lower gear to help the rotating mass. the only way i see the 20s hurting him is from a dig not a 30 punch, since his "weight" is already moving.

3:42 are fun but vs that vette my 3:42s killed me.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
3:42s help on 2nd gear correct, but they took off in 1st gear so the looser converter/bigger cam/an lower gears hould have done more. my truck
was *** until the engine swap. the only reason i say id be mad is bc the money spent to make the truck faster isnt help me at all against a stock stall/3:42 geared truck. 20s dont count in this battle. its on a shorter tire and has a lower gear to help the rotating mass. the only way i see the 20s hurting him is from a dig not a 30 punch, since his "weight" is already moving.

3:42 are fun but vs that vette my 3:42s killed me.
Are you kidding?

They took off in 1st gear and at about 4000rpms which means they both were already above the stall speed of the black truck therefore the converter does not factor into this race as far as the higher stall speed converter being an advantage. The only thing the black truck benefited from havign a high stall speed converter was the shift extension of the 1-2 shift but other than that it hurt him eating up power on the big end. Why do you think people lock their converters?

Even though the tires are already rolling it absolutely counts, same thing dynos have proven time and again and those measure already rolling mass. I dont think the 20s affect the outcome a whole lot since it looks like he has the tahoe ltz wheels and fairly short tires so that wheel/tire combo doesnt weigh too much over m3's setup.

M3's truck rolls out hard for no more than what is done to it but he isnt at as big of a disadvantage as a lot of people are making it out to be.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:33 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with 1slow01Z71
Old 06-14-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didnt m3srt have 2 other people in the the truck also....

Good runs nick you truck just move..period/ end story
Old 06-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i mean were tuned by the SAME guy cam installed by the SAME guy he has a bigger cam than mine ... i was thinking about swapping to that cam i wanted to see the diffrence ... between the 220.220/581/581/114 and a 224.230/581.591/110

why are people saying converter "hurts" while racing ... since i put my ******* cam last year people been bustin my ***** to put a stall in sayin ill be faster all around ??? wtf am i missing here

it was a friendley race ill leave it at that ... wasnt any money on the line after the race wed both shook hands like men and chilled ... no hard feelings.. on my end ?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:12 PM

watch the movie. its in OD not 1st gear. so yes tge "looser" converter has an advantage over the "tighter" converter. it doesnt matter, the guy inthe black truck spent more money than the OP so like i said, an what started it ALL. I would be Pissed if I barely ran away from a truck with taller gears, and a stock
stall. an FYI he's trapping the same speed as that Camaro SS that i beat by 2 trucks from a 25 roll. oh an im in a CC not a SC so i dont wanna hear **** about "weight" if they was so worried about "weight" then pull the tail gate, spare tire, jack, door panels and blah blah. its all in your set up and how well your truck performs. so my opinion and original post still stands. "id be pissed if i had that much money in my truck and i barely beat him" simple as that.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:18 PM

m3rst: dont take me as "bashing" or any stupid **** like that. im simply stating id be upset if i had those mods and you hung like that. your truck is awsome simple as that. its a great roll racer imho, but you dont have the converter money, gear swap money tied into your truck like the other one. so back to what i was saying for whats done/not done your truck hung VERY close which would make me upset bc of the cash spent.

Quick Reply: cammed v max vs 5.3 vs another 5.3 ect ,< get in here