MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

8-16-2008 sac raceway videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:35 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Last run of the night was a 13.9 @ 110 mph.
I also lost my bet with Bill for fastest Trap speed for the night between the two of us!

Those wondering why my ET suck, without getting too much in depth... I'm not getting into boost until the 330+ mark, go through 2nd+3rd gear in 700 feet and run out of gears before the traps so I coast the last 200+ feet.
The last run of the night I was at redline in 3rd gear for the last 330 feet (yes I'm stupid) and pulled my A/C belt off the pulley's!
Luckily I had 4 people with me on that last run; (I always run with my pit-crew) so Dusty and Henry got out at the end of the track , pulled the A/C belt off and helped me put it back on when we got back to the pits.

Are you running out of gear because you are spinning or because of the ratio? What is your gear ratio?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:48 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last run of the night was a 13.9 @ 110 mph.
I also lost my bet with Bill for fastest Trap speed for the night between the two of us!

Those wondering why my ET suck, without getting too much in depth... I'm not getting into boost until the 330+ mark, go through 2nd+3rd gear in 700 feet and run out of gears before the traps so I coast the last 200+ feet.
The last run of the night I was at redline in 3rd gear for the last 330 feet (yes I'm stupid) and pulled my A/C belt off the pulley's!
Luckily I had 4 people with me on that last run; (I always run with my pit-crew) so Dusty and Henry got out at the end of the track , pulled the A/C belt off and helped me put it back on when we got back to the pits.
I don't remember betting with you but since I won I'll agree with it

I really wish you had run a lot better, I'd like to see you wrinkle out a few things and give me a run

and don't forget who held the flashlight!!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:41 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Last Call
Are you running out of gear because you are spinning or because of the ratio? What is your gear ratio?
I swapped out my 4.10's for 3.42's last Tuesday. When I tried changing the tune HPT said I wasn't licensed for my own truck even though I used to be!
Talked to Rick and he thinks I need to contact HPT and get them to upgrade my account to a 3 bar style. Right now I'm going down the track and my truck thinks it's running with 4.10's and it's shifting the truck accordingly. With 4.10's I shift out of 3rd @105mph. With 3.42's I should be shifting into 4th at around 120mph or so.
Under WOT I can't shift into 4th so in I either just coast the last 200 feet (those runs I trapped at 105-106mph) or go half throttle at the top of 3rd to let it shift into 4th. Looking at my logs it takes 1.5 seconds to do that transition (when I do however I trap 110mph).
Problem with that, other than the time it takes to shift into 4th is I loose boost.
I just noticed in my logs that I was in full boost for only 4.5 seconds of my run...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:01 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I swapped out my 4.10's for 3.42's last Tuesday. When I tried changing the tune HPT said I wasn't licensed for my own truck even though I used to be!
Talked to Rick and he thinks I need to contact HPT and get them to upgrade my account to a 3 bar style. Right now I'm going down the track and my truck thinks it's running with 4.10's and it's shifting the truck accordingly. With 4.10's I shift out of 3rd @105mph. With 3.42's I should be shifting into 4th at around 120mph or so.
Under WOT I can't shift into 4th so in I either just coast the last 200 feet (those runs I trapped at 105-106mph) or go half throttle at the top of 3rd to let it shift into 4th. Looking at my logs it takes 1.5 seconds to do that transition (when I do however I trap 110mph).
Problem with that, other than the time it takes to shift into 4th is I loose boost.
I just noticed in my logs that I was in full boost for only 4.5 seconds of my run...
Ah, that sucks. Hopefully you can iron everything out. I would think with a solid tune and traction, 11's are easily within reach.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:11 PM
GFYS and STFU

Funny enough traction has never been my problem...even putting down 7xx ft/lb of torque on 265's...
Old 08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice video! get you **** straighten out spoolin and go back to the track im sure you are going to have some very nice e/t and mph when it gets worked out...
Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Julien all I know is that thing runs hard on the top end. The last pass we made I looked back and I was way ahead of you and I looked back a fraction of a second later and you had closed the gap. Once you get your truck running right look out!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

enjoyed the videos, but who ever edited them cut the videos the exact moment the times of the runs came up, making it difficult to see what the times were.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OrlandoFL4.8
enjoyed the videos, but who ever edited them cut the videos the exact moment the times of the runs came up, making it difficult to see what the times were.
noted, next time i'll hold the camera at the times for a bit longer.

The computer automatically cuts the videos into section based on when you started and stopped recording.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:47 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Nevada79
Julien all I know is that thing runs hard on the top end. The last pass we made I looked back and I was way ahead of you and I looked back a fraction of a second later and you had closed the gap. Once you get your truck running right look out!
That last race was kinda fun! I had 4 people in the truck and you had 3 people in yours didn't you? I cut a 14.4 @ 106mph and you cut a 14.9 @ 97mph or something right? All I know is you tree'd the **** out of me and I couldn't get you at the beams! That was pretty fun.
Looked over my logs again tonight and noticed that I was having problems shifting into 3rd...not 4th.
I'm all screwed up!!

Quick Reply: 8-16-2008 sac raceway videos