Military Truckers For the Armed Forces members of PerformanceTrucks!

Army Reserves, whats the catch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck, sounds kinda shady...
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you are a NICET II? ****, get a level 3 and you just added 25K to your salary here in the east.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Allstar55566
good luck, sounds kinda shady...
Just like anything like this you gotta beat the bad **** out of them. Im not signing anything til I have the full story
Originally Posted by dewmanshu
you are a NICET II? ****, get a level 3 and you just added 25K to your salary here in the east.
Level III isnt easy man, it goes a lot more into HMAC stuff, I know a decent amount about it but not quite enough to feel comofortable taking the test. I just got level II certified. I believe you have to have 5 years in the industry for that cert anyway so once I get back frmo teh Army stuff Ill have 5 full documentable years in the industry. Believe me I want every cert I can get. Id really like to get the level IV, so I can just tell anyone on the jobsite who argues with me to get F*$%ed if they have a problem with what Im saying. Ive got all the criteria except time in the industry to test for it since Ive already been on two large projects, that had everything from drilled piers, to HMAC, to soild densities, to post tension and of course rebar and concrete. I thoroughly enjoy construction...most days.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

good luck bro, i know ull do the right thing and make em shoot ya straight
Old 03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

You have the kicker in your contract right? It basically tacks onto your GI bill. The numbers I quoted earlier include the kicker.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:33 AM
GFYS and STFU

Been USNR for 7 years after 4 of active...blahhhh.
Military straighten my *** out, ever since then it's been a Pain in my ***. Although theres some good perks to it!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM

Well Im officially in the Army Reserves

Leave for basic 7/13, then its 27 weeks of AIT school to be a radio comsec repairer. I ended up choosing that because its really hard to get into due to needing to score really well on the ASVAB, so i figure I atleats wont be there with a bunch of morons. Also because I dont know a whole lot about electronics and I might as well learn on the government dime. After Im back for a while Im going to see if they'll let me cross train in firefighting.

Being gone for 36 weeks is going to suck but it should be an experience.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Moderately Differentiated

WOW! We'll....

In fire alarm, there are 8 NICET 4's in the state of OHIO. I only know this cuz one of them tought a level 2 class I took. Yeah, pretty much a straight say STFU to anyone anytime you want.

Well, good luck and be smart man. Don't fall for Army p@ssy, and remember where you came from lifer! LOL
Old 04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I ended up choosing that because its really hard to get into due to needing to score really well on the ASVAB, so i figure I atleats wont be there with a bunch of morons.
+1. Any morons that do get in will probably fail and get recycled into a different MOS. I had a buddy from high school go into military intelligence...well he couldn't learn languages too well and now he's a MP.

Just remember basic and AIT are 99% nothing like the regular Army. Your going to get there and wonder why you did it, but when you get to your unit everything is chill.

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Don't fall for Army p@ssy
Don't think I've ever seen Army tang worth falling for Air Force tang is another story. I live by Wright Patterson AFB and they are everywhere. I go on base to work out at the gym since it's free

Last edited by LMSeven; 04-08-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by LMSeven
+1. Any morons that do get in will probably fail and get recycled into a different MOS. I had a buddy from high school go into military intelligence...well he couldn't learn languages too well and now he's a MP.

Just remember basic and AIT are 99% nothing like the regular Army. Your going to get there and wonder why you did it, but when you get to your unit everything is chill.

Don't think I've ever seen Army tang worth falling for Air Force tang is another story. I live by Wright Patterson AFB and they are everywhere. I go on base to work out at the gym since it's free
Stupid people get on my nerves so being in something that people who scored a 32 on their ASVAB would not be a working situation Id end up getting in trouble. From what Im told everyone Ill be working with had to ahve scored somewhere in the mid 80s range which should net some decent people Id think. I know BT is going to be retarded, Im told as long as I dont take anything they say personally Ill be alright. Which I understand what they are there to do, Ive just never been good at sitting there and taking someone yelling at me, but this will be a bit different since they have a reason to yell at me.

I didnt realize my AIT school was going to be so long but when you start thinking about 27 weeks worth thats over half a year just for AIT. Im going to be over GA, which my friend TurboGibbs lives over in AL so Im sure Ill be able to escape for the weekend a couple times and meet up with him. Id also like to make a couple trips down to FL for some fishing. I fully intend on taking advantage of this oppurtunity.

I also like the fact that if I ever get fed up with my job or just need some time away its only a phone call away pretty much to go train for another MOS, which I could see that happening.

Ill have to ask around but Id be nice to do something where I could go over seas for a while

Quick Reply: Army Reserves, whats the catch?