Member made Tools & Parts Classifieds Need permission to sell in this section...see section guidelines

Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler 4739 & 47391 Install Kit - Brackets & Fittings & Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Time2Kill
I've got several kits in stock available for immediate shipment!
Will these brackets fit on the back side of the A-frame? I have my intercooler mounted in front. If so, I would like to order a set for my 2011.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Payment Sent from DMR Performance for a kit for my 2004 Yukon Denali.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Payment sent with address for full kit
Old 06-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Hi new member here. I was wondering if perhaps is it possible that these coolers are too big? Do they interfere with the cooling of the condenser for example? Does the Transmission need to be at a certain temp to operate properly?
Oh, and are they still available?
Old 06-27-2018, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Acosta
Hi new member here. I was wondering if perhaps is it possible that these coolers are too big? Do they interfere with the cooling of the condenser for example? Does the Transmission need to be at a certain temp to operate properly?

they can be a little big but its not that bad.

never had an issue with cooling my condenser over the past 5 years. just dont mount it right to it i guess.

the transmission dose need to reach a certain temp, 130ºf or there about it starts to lock the converter when high enough speed.

i have mine running threw the rad then thew the tru-cool 40k and when driving temps stay 140-160ºf in texas heat. running it threw the rad helps everything get up to temp a little faster and keeps a more stable temp imo.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:01 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Acosta
I ran mine thru Michigan winters and never had a problem. I've seen some guys run block off plates (just a sheet of metal in front of cooler) in winter, but I never needed it. This is more an issue if you don't run it thru the radiator as you don't have the coolant bringing it up to temp.

The trans fluid runs thru the radiator and the coolant helps bring the transmission up to temp quicker. I always ran about 180* with a pretty loose converter, even in cold winters. As long as your trans is getting over 160* at operating temp, you should have no problems.

Never had a problem with the A/C in my truck. Always blew cold, even on the hottest days. There's still a ton of surface area not blocked by the condenser.

I have kits in stock and ready to ship.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:08 PM

It looks like in the post the cooler is upside down. Tru Cool states they are to be mounted with the fittings pointing up. Do your brackets have that option?
Old 07-03-2018, 06:17 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by Chris Mc
It looks like in the post the cooler is upside down. Tru Cool states they are to be mounted with the fittings pointing up. Do your brackets have that option?
Not sure what you're talking about, tru cool says the fittings can be any way. They specifically say you can mount them up, down, or sideways. See here: http://www.trucool.com/frequently-asked-questions

You could flip the cooler on my brackets but you would need to run custom lines.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:06 PM

Ok cool. I saw a video saying you had to run the cooler with the fittings up. Do you have any for the NNBS.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:50 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by Chris Mc
Ok cool. I saw a video saying you had to run the cooler with the fittings up. Do you have any for the NNBS.
I can't see any reason that it would matter. It's a pressurized system so the fluid will flow no matter the position.

The same kit works from 1999-2014 trucks.

Quick Reply: Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler 4739 & 47391 Install Kit - Brackets & Fittings & Hardware