Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

My Black SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh Ballew lives in cincinnati

Im half tempted to post up his address... after all this kind of crap Im pretty hesitant to even bother with websites.... seems like there is alot of misinformation and rip offs between this site and the ls1 site.

And to think I was excited when I first found this site
Old 05-22-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Resident

dude id be pissed. bwt what mounts are they? i have a ton of mounts just sitting at my house and if i have the right ones ill send them to u.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erronisme
Josh Ballew lives in cincinnati

Im half tempted to post up his address... after all this kind of crap Im pretty hesitant to even bother with websites.... seems like there is alot of misinformation and rip offs between this site and the ls1 site.

And to think I was excited when I first found this site
Dude it sucks that you got ripped off, it really does. I'm actually in a transaction right now where I'm beginning to feel like I may have been ripped off. Don't blame it on the site though. It was EXTREMELY stupid of you to send a money order to a guy far away from you and who had less than 100 posts. Why didn't you use paypal or something safer?

Like I said, I feel for you getting ripped off, but learn how to use the internet and things like this are MUCH less likely to happen.

Sending a MO to a guy you don't know is about as bad as telling a stranger to go into a store and buy you some beer. 9 out of 10 people may go do it but the 10th guy is just gonna take your money and run. Be smart next time and for this situation blame yourself and not this website.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Import Moderator

ya it really has nothing to do with the site dude... i bought my tail lights, door handles, denali wheels, my cd player, exhaust, wiper cowl, traded cams with someone, stall and im sure a ton of other stuff from this site alone... one time i took a chance and sent some kid $20 for a set of license plate bolts with the lights... didnt think anything of him only having like 40 posts, never seen the lights or heard from him again. we just gotta be smart bout who we buy from, i dont ever wanna send a m/o unless its like a mod with 4k posts. hopefully something happens in your favor good luck
Old 05-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure how you can blame it on the site. This was a transaction between you and someone else that just happened to be initiated from a classified on here, coulda happened anywhere. We limit new users access to the classifieds to help curb "hit and run" scammers but, we can't stop everyone.

Heck, I even tried to help by using what info is available to me from the site to get some contact info.

In the future I would suggest using a credit card through a service such as paypal. It gives you two options if something goes bad, one through Paypal and if that doesn't work you can dispute the charge with your cc company.

Have you contacted his local authoritys, I believe you may be able to file a report with them about this.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

as a fellow site owner, i agree that u cannot blame the site for ur misfortunes. there is only so much we can do to guard against scammers but in the end you are the person responsible for ur actions and its unfortunate but not pt.net's fault. i in no way represent pt.net just i understand their point of view and i also understand their limited power.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

An update....
Been really busy doing other things...including selling my 05 for an 07 4wd z71.

Josh was in an ATV accident and nearly lost his leg.
So when I was trying to call him I am sure he was still in the hospital, until recently.
This is why I held my tounge for so long before saying anything.

Got the motor mounts last week, but havent had the chance to get on the computer.

As far as selling/buying things..I guess thats part of the risk. As far as pay pal... I have heard good and bad, and I dont like the idea of how it works so I dont use it.
I have a set dollar ammout that I will not deal with over the internet. He was well under the ammount and I wasnt that worried about it.

I was more upset that someone with a trader rating of 7 would try and screw someone. Even if it were for a dollar.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, glad that things worked out and you gave us an update.

Good to hear that Josh is ok too, that sounds like a terrible accident.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least you got it worked out. Make sure to leave him feedback. I'd say an ATV accident is a good reason for not being online for awhile.