Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Got screwed by go5.3tt06

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tylertxss
HE has the new title...how could he have not known? I honestly think he bought the car with no title or salvage title and just brought the bill of sale to the DMV and got a "clear" title for it. Funny im supposedly the 3rd owner but theres only one previous owner on the title...his "gf"...classic title washing...
Can you explain that? Things are different between states, in TN the title only shows the current registered owner. Does your state show all previous owners on the title? The TN DMV cannot tell you the previous owners of the vehicle. The only way to find that is via carfax, which is know to have serious faults.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Answer this directly in open forum Luke, if you didnt wash the title then why isnt the guys name you "bought" it from on the title?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cttandy
Can you explain that? Things are different between states, in TN the title only shows the current registered owner. Does your state show all previous owners on the title? The TN DMV cannot tell you the previous owners of the vehicle. The only way to find that is via carfax, which is know to have serious faults.
Carfax, autocheck.com, etc all come back as "invalid VIN"

Also about the previous owners, when you sell a vehicle it has to be signed and notarized (hence why the back of the title has like 20 different signature blocks)
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Also about the previous owners, when you sell a vehicle it has to be signed and notarized (hence why the back of the title has like 20 different signature blocks)
AH, in TN you get a new title every time you register it. It has one place for the new owner to sign it, and if it is signed anywhere else the title is immediately void. If it has a pen mark on it anywhere, it is immediately void. The titling worked the same way in PA when I was up there. No notarization was needed.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Heres the view he sent us, most likely so we couldnt see the discrepancy where it said 8 cyl...otherwise why the partial view?

Last edited by AKlowriderZ71; 05-19-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: deleted pic, showed personal info
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cttandy
The title says Mustang on it, you can clearly see the M to the right.

I am not trying to be a jerk here so here me out. I am just giving you options to think about so maybe cooler heads can get the situation resolved.

Once again, this is the state of TN and PA.

In some circumstance, like this were the VIN has worn off, the state will run a federal background check on the vehicle, then assign a fresh VIN to the vehicle once it comes back clean. I had a buddy go through this no more then 2 weeks ago. The new VIN will not reflect the standardize manufacture's coding, but will generally be relative to the model year of the vehicle. This would explain why the VIN doesn't match what it would normally be right for the vehicle. The new VIN on my buddies truck is crazy, and the new VIN was applied to the inside of the drivers door via a sticker.

Usually, the circumstance of a new VIN being issued is if the vehicle was wrecked and rebuilt by means of replacing the area the VIN is attached OR a classic vehicle that was restored and the original VIN wasn't legible.

ALSO, I have family that lived in GA, so I can ask if it is normal to receive a new title when registering a vehicle. If so, this would explain why the title only shows one name.

To my knowledge, GA requires no notary for vehicle transfers, and the extra places on the back of the title is only for transfers between car lots and not for registered use, just like TN and PA. If an individual fills in the blanks on the back when sold, the title is void. When the vehicle is registered, you will get a brand new title

I am offering this information as previous employee of 2 new auto dealer lots, and 2 USED car lots. I have no dog in this fight, just trying to offer free help. A lot of guys are quick to scream fraud after the performance shop got shut down that was building all the eleanor mustang clones.

Have you taken the title and the bill of sale to the DMV to attempt to register the vehicle? If not, I suspect there will be no issue.

The insurance company will have the ability to put any VIN to any vehicle description. Whomever you spoke with, was likely to lazy to look up a 65 Mustang to know how to rate the vehicle.
Thanks for taking the time to write that out. Ill look into that. The insurance company valued the car as it sits for $15,000, when wifey gave them the VIN they got kinda reluctant on the phone and said they would talk to a supervisor and call her back tomorrow. Nothing Ive said besides to the scumbag is meant as an *******. Im in Afghanistan and having to talk to a wife crying on the phone every single night at home with a newborn. Forgive me(or dont) if my paitence is hovering around zero right now.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:32 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At this point guys, if you aren't the OP or the seller, PLEASE STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD. From my understanding, the OP is seeking legal help on the matter.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ross, you need to stop or otherwise, you are making yourself a fool. How much we have told you over and over! Welcome to Georgia DMV and their policy. You are not of knowledge about classic cars. What is your point? We are NOT the 1st owner of this car. We bought from previos owner name is Ronnie Yates which it is on the title. We signed and gave to DMV, they exchange it to my girlfriend's name. It will not show a list title name from the owner. We went to DMV and spoke to the supervisor and shown them this forums for nearlly a hour. They have no clue what you want from us and possibly scamming us. However, they pulled out the computer to check the history...it shows first owner, Ronnie. Then my girlfriend is 2nd owner. Now you are going to be 3rd owner. As i am aware of they mis-type a number of the cylinder. The point DMV can fix it for you and that's simple. We gave you the honest truth at once. We had no problem with our insurance from this car. You need to stop this silliness here and focus with your life than drama. We have no intension and face the reality that we have nothing to hide. Thankfully, we have lot of papers to proof that we are innocent at this point. Lastly, DMV signed papers and it's not fake at all. I called Texas DMV in local and explained the issue. They said it shouldn't be a problem to reg. But other deep the informations, we don't know whole the history. We only had this car about 5 months as we plan on keeping it for modified. Sadly, we decided to sell it a wonderful car... If your keep continue. Then we can't help you anymore. There is nothing we can do for you.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know that you are lying because they cannot check those records under 1981. This is 1965 be because it's short number vin for classic car. I know this due I checked it so therefore, it is not invalid vin!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Report to the Admin we not allow have Ross post with our address in the public without my permission. Thank you admin.

Quick Reply: Got screwed by go5.3tt06