Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Got screwed by go5.3tt06

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFOLM
Why don't you ask for him to make it right by paying back a couple of bucks to get the carb issue resolved? How'd you pay?
Nope he refused, I did a paypal claim but they dont cover cars.

Originally Posted by JFOLM
That car looks really nice in the FS ad.
Yeah too bad it wont crank
Old 05-12-2012, 12:20 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why would somebody make a major purchase of any kind, without inspecting it first? It's such a huge gamble.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

He did say in the text that it runs fine...

For the record, it really is impossible to know the condition of a vehicle unless you inspect it and test drive it yourself. I bought my truck from a nice dealership in Ohio, but not before asking the salesman to take a detailed picture of every blemish and discrepancy on it. Of course I get there to pick it up and there are twice as many as what he pictured. And that's from a dealership, of all places.

Last edited by smokeshow; 05-12-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dear everyone who read this, I am very honest and truthful. I, on the other hand, am mechanic for years. I do not ripped people off when comes to automobile. My job is to keep it tidy, well maintenance, and driveable. Once it has a problem, I do not give up till it’s been fixed even its 2 am. According to the buyer, I told him everything A to Z, pictures, videos the sound of it runs. Even phone call, I have spoken about the carb has issue and it’s a rebuilt from the previous owner. Sometimes it gets clogged when it has low on gasoline under ¼, fresh gasoline will run just fine. When I was out of town for 3 weeks and came back home, it was running then dying. The carb was clogged, I did installed fresh gasoline and fuel filter. My neighbor kindly helped to adjust the carb and it was off with air/fuel mixture. Afterwards, it runs great and even better and every day I drove around on subversion even to the church. I did send the box of parts for the Mustang to the buyer and sold in reasonable fair price. The car runs fine before the transporter came and picked it up, he loaded the classic and all original Mustang into high ramp when it only has 75-100 horsepower on the 6 cylinder with original of 112,000 mi. My girlfriend told him to put in first gear and made it. While i was at work. Suddenly, the transporter unloaded the Mustang off the trailer to load other vehicles in elsewhere. I do not know how many times the Mustang was struggled to get on the high ramp. Now that makes me think, I do not know what he did or how he drove it along the way to Texas. Like I said, it runs fine exact on the text message to the buyer. First off, the buyer denies everything afterwards what I have mentioned before he purchased the car even I mentioned about the carb. As for the dusty, it wasn’t there before it left. Even the transporter wouldn’t allow us to cover the classic car on its way and drives about 5 states away. Then the buyer screams at me when I was trying to cooperate with him then threaten me. This is exactly why I cannot communicate with him regardless his god awful language. But for Ross’s sake…
Ross, if you are reading this. I do not appreciate you correctly on my grammar, according to not the only one whom have a grammar problems and name calling by retarded because I am deaf? In that case, I do have common sense, but I cannot hear and that doesn’t mean I am retarded. Additionally, I do not appreciate you mouthing on website isn’t going to solve your problem. Sale is sale and that I have told you everything on my mother’s grave. You are saying it’s won’t start? Now I will tell you again as I kindly expect you to cooperate. The transmission linkage have neutral safety switch. You will need to shift the gear all the way to “Park” at full till you start again. If not, try put in neutral. It shouldn’t be the problem. Honestly, this whole thing has been messed up after the transporter whom you hired, it may be hard to prove what he did or how he drive it. When you get back home, you will realized this isn’t the big deal and easy to fix. Now this is the end of the conversation in the future, and good luck.

Last edited by Go5.3tt06; 05-13-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

although it is a shitty situation from both sides i dont think this is an end all type situation. if it were a 2005 car and it was having running problems it would be quiet different then a 1965. more issues are added in when you have yet another persons hand on things (car hauler) if it just not running right and the door thing are the only problems i dont think thats horrible. a friend of the family bought a street rod for $32,000 across the country. paid the guy, set up to get it shipped to jersey, and the car never showed up.. at all.. so gotta be thankful thats not you
Old 05-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Well guys this goes much deeper than the car not running. We cant register the car. (make your own inferences about what that might mean) I have am hiring a consumer law lawyer and cant talk about this anymore. But ill close in saying, dont buy a pack of gum from this scam artist.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Hmmm interesting.. Hopefully you can share what happened when it's all said and done.

Bummer you got burned.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Hmm, only time I have ever seen that particular issue with registration is when there is a lien on the vehicle... In which case, seller 100% at fault. Interested to see how it turns out.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow this is interesting. cant wait to hear the response from him
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

U know what? Im deaf too. I know Luke for a long time. He is honest and good man. I had seen his mustang that was very clean and nice too. He is NOT a scam!! He sold you the mustang then you hired the transporter to bring your mustang to Texas. The transpoter must have done something wrong with your mustang. The Buyer could have known the condition of the vehicle. You should have inspected it and test drive it yourself. The buyer has the risk of loss of the goods during transportion [UCC 2-509(1)(a)].

Last edited by SuperSilverado53; 05-13-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Got screwed by go5.3tt06