Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Chris McQuay aka "JUST DO IT" respond !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN SS
UPDATE .......filed formal complaint with Paypal .they just respinded in my favor HOWEVER .........no funds in his PayPal account tp claw back to pay me !!!

Suggestion .......and its not foolproof but some other sites dont allow members to post things for sale til they have 50 posts in reg forums
Originally Posted by texastahoe
this is good news, had a similiar problem but the seller was on ebay... Paypal backed me and I was refunded promptly
In response to these postings I would like give some VERY important advice. NEVER and I mean NEVER use anything but a credit card with PayPal. PayPal may find in your favor in a dispute but that means **** if the person that is ripping you off has no money in their account. You will get zip! The credit card company gives you another form of recourse. If PayPal finds in your favor, the credit card company will not hold you liable for the purchase.

I was lucky and used my credit card on a $1200.00 purchase on Ebay but paid $90.00 cash on the shipping. The seller had 100% feedback on over 200 sales. He decided to fall of the planet with my money and never ship the item. I didn't have to pay the $1200.00 since I used my credit card but lost the $90.00 since I used the cash I had in my PayPal account. The agent I dealt with at the credit card company told me that she uses PayPal for purchases and recommeded that I ALWAYS use a credit card as my payment option. Just a bit of advice. I know I don't like to get ripped off so if this information helps someone else out. That would be great.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6
In response to these postings I would like give some VERY important advice. NEVER and I mean NEVER use anything but a credit card with PayPal. PayPal may find in your favor in a dispute but that means **** if the person that is ripping you off has no money in their account. You will get zip! The credit card company gives you another form of recourse. If PayPal finds in your favor, the credit card company will not hold you liable for the purchase.

I was lucky and used my credit card on a $1200.00 purchase on Ebay but paid $90.00 cash on the shipping. The seller had 100% feedback on over 200 sales. He decided to fall of the planet with my money and never ship the item. I didn't have to pay the $1200.00 since I used my credit card but lost the $90.00 since I used the cash I had in my PayPal account. The agent I dealt with at the credit card company told me that she uses PayPal for purchases and recommeded that I ALWAYS use a credit card as my payment option. Just a bit of advice. I know I don't like to get ripped off so if this information helps someone else out. That would be great.
Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6

I do the exact same thing, CC for internet purchases so I can dispute if its not legit.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Watch out guys.

Chris McQuay, aka JUSTDOIT, aka 5.3Vortec.

This is the same a**hole that scammed a lot of members back in 2005/2006. 2redgmc, myself and several other members were scammed for several 100 dollars back then. He also scammed a bunch of people on tons of other boards. A quick google on his name and arkansas pulls up a ton of stuff

Personally I never managed to get anything done about it, not sure if any other the other members did.

If ANYONE lives near this clown, or has a current address, something needs to be done.

The person who actually got the package, if you can call DHL and try to get a current address that would be awesome too.

We need to stop this guy. Seems like every year around this time, he scames people out of $$$.

I tried to find the old posts on 5.3Vortec without any success, but they should be around somewhere. The admin GREGGO was involved when we were trying to get it straightened out before, maybe he can find it again.

Here's the info from when he screwed us:
Chris McQuay
7121 Oak Ridge RD
Ravenden Springs AR. 72460
DOB 12/11/83
870-869-1059
870-869-1983

Last edited by 1500cc; 01-04-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 01-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Thanks for sharing that info .....i gave up trying to get something done just got too busy .thats why guys like this get away with it ..I did get my money back since i used my CC to pay Paypal ...
Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 AM

Default Looking to nail chris mcquay

This guy chris mcquay is scamming a lot of people in a lot of places please PM with all your details of how you were scammed and how you paid.We are going to catch him and put him away.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Will do ......I did get my $$ back from my CC however I would be more than happy to support any effort to catch him with $$ or ? I will PM you details ......... PayPal not clean on this either .they should have pulled his membership long before
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 AM

We will post more info as we get it.

He has scammed on jeepforum.com as well.

Another Email address for this guy is:svtcobra_96@hotmail.com

We are calling him texting him and emailing him all times day and night please feel free to join in.

We have also reported this to the FBI so are building a strong case with your help.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Def. not sticking up for this asshat, but I did get what I bought from him. Took like 2 weeks longer then it should have. It was just a $15.00 item. His stories were starting to getting funny and he was blaming DHL for it being so slow.

Chris if you are reading this and getting a good laugh.....remember.... You will rip off the wrong person at some point and get what is coming to you!

Last edited by trever1t; 01-24-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: edited for content
Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 AM

He has ripped of the wrong person we are going to get him!

Please PM any scam you have sufferd with this bloke we need them all.

We are building a case file, and this includes Pay pal as they seem to be hellping him along.

Quick Reply: Chris McQuay aka "JUST DO IT" respond !!!