INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Why not ISKY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:10 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Iskendarian has been around forever...I didn't even know that they made GENIII stuff, actually didn't even know that they were still in business lol.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree isky is more known for old school motors like the ones i know all about lol but they are great cams in these gen 1 sbc and as well and the bbc so y would they slack off when it came time to design gen3 and gen4 cams?...doesnt make sense to me. I stand behind them 100%
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like they need more advertisement. I've heard of them, but they never even crossed my mind when looking for LS1 stuff.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Used to use them in my sbc stuff...great results. Hell, the comp cams used to go flat for little reason even when broken in properly. I think years ago, with so little advertising and all of us old guys moving on they just lost the market. Comp on the other hand did MASSIVE marketing of their street hyd. cams and I think it was a huge success. You couldn't even open a magazine without their ads in the first few pages. Crower followed their lead later on. I really think it all boils down to aggressive marketing as does the success of any business. Great product, too little marketing.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sure its tough for anyone to compete with the sponsored dyno challenges and full page magazine ads nowdays. It doesn't mean they don't make a great product, just harder to find.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric

I'm sure its tough for anyone to compete with the sponsored dyno challenges and full page magazine ads nowdays. It doesn't mean they don't make a great product, just harder to find.
X2 on That. Comp has more advertisments, Dyno comparisons, and Big Names behind them. Probllay beacuse there giving out free product... Crane and Lunati seem to have some similar grinds as Comp but You don't see them in the magazines or in the dyno comparisons that people do. Same with ISKY. There out there just not as much In your face Time as Comp.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

how about here instead of hear!!! (joking)

isky doesnt advertise much, but i would have no worries running their stuff with their reputation.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 AM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think most of you guy's are right about the advertising, and marketing seems that marketing is everything now days. I have been thinking about becoming a sponsor, and selling ISKY cams, and valve train components. I would be able to do custom grinds, and I would also stock a limited number of pre ground cams from the new lobes. I just don't want to go through it all, and put up the $ if no one is going to by the stuff. Just wanted to make sure no body had a problem with the ISKY stuff, and if they did what it was. Thank's J
Old 07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would use Isky in a heartbeat.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stock48
I think most of you guy's are right about the advertising, and marketing seems that marketing is everything now days. I have been thinking about becoming a sponsor, and selling ISKY cams, and valve train components. I would be able to do custom grinds, and I would also stock a limited number of pre ground cams from the new lobes. I just don't want to go through it all, and put up the $ if no one is going to by the stuff. Just wanted to make sure no body had a problem with the ISKY stuff, and if they did what it was. Thank's J
Sounds like a good plan! I'm sure you would have some customers, of course as long as prices are competitive for the performance gains to be had.

Quick Reply: Why not ISKY?