INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

what next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what next?

Ok guys as you can see in my list of mods i havent done much . Im looking for ideas on what would be a good next mod to do. i have daynatech headers
and cats ,had them on and seemed like they made truck lazy down low . Put stock maifolds back on felt alot better. Is this normal or am i crazy? as far as cams go i would like to stay with stock converter until trans lets go, then i would only do like a 2600 . This is my DD so driveabilaty is a must.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

First, put the dynathech back on lol. My guess is that you didn't have enough backpressure with the system on and it took longer to build boost. If you go on the 1/4 you'll be faster for sure with the headers on. I would definately put a free flowing exhaust like magnaflow. Your headers are worthless if you choke with your factory muffler.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get it tuned after the headers? I have heard that makes a difference. I will be putting mine on in a few days if the weather gets better and get my tune update.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Simon SS you just made me realize i didnt put my exhast in my sig. I have a Gibson cat back