INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

VHP 244 question for the collective

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucktheBarber
Update:

Got everything installed and tuned. The idle is set at 750. I love the truck even more now. I think the gears are fine for now at 3:73. Depending on how I drive the tranny shifts a little hard from 1st to 2nd sometimes. Truck is a louder through the headers now which I'm not crazy about, but I'll take the trade-off. Also it seems as if it is working a little too hard in traffic, but it's not SUPER loud, once again I'll take the trade-off. Around 40mph it locks up and the RPMs drop which is cool. I don't really get drone. It got louder don't get me wrong, but it is no where near ear bleeding. I've had to speak up at the drive-thru though however, I'll take the trade-off. I had plans to put my stock cam back in if it was unbearable(seriously), but it's cool. Love the roar when I stomp on it, which isn't often but it's great!! Yeah I'm debating a bullet still.......

Anyway thanks guys for all the info and advice! Learned a lot on this board, obviously because my set-up is cookie cutter for you guys, lol. Not a racer by far, but I now believe I have a performance truck!

Funny how I spent all this dough on making my truck faster and everyone still said, "When you gonna put some wheels on it?". Heavier, taller, wheels. I just don't understand. It's a grocery truck yeah but dam. Man I love my truck.
Good to hear man! I wish I would have went with the 112lsa and not 116lsa, thing basically sounds stock to a non trained ear lol. But I'm bipolar with it, somedays I love the smooth idle other days I want the chop chop lol I'm the same with my stock stall I love it daily driving, but hate the fall in rpm on shifts.

when you say louder through headers do you mean valve train sewing machine noise or just noise in general? You could wrap the headers to reduce the noise some.

My first tune would lock up at 40 and I didn't like it but I'm stock stall and 3.42 so it would kinda bog, but tuner changed it to 52-3 and it is perfect.

Take/post a idle video and getting on it (in Mexico) lol if you can and its safe of course.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the sewing machine noise! Cool as heck. Just the noise in general that gets to me sometimes, then again sometimes it's perfect. Maybe coming from my caddie all the week before. It's uper quiet, even compared to my truck when it was stock. I thought about header tape, but the Kooks cost me to much to cover em up. I'm usually a form follows function guy but hey..

I love the idle, but I get bipolar sometimes too, lol. Especially around an untamed ear. Sometimes I'm like "Dang, I spent all this money and you don't notice!" ......still happy with it overall though. I feel like I have a performance truck

I have a couple cell phone warm start idle vids. I'll try to get to Mexico this weekend, haha

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SUpLvnvCTtjuPNAj1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/I5P6pCqkvZMpF2CA2