INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Tms iron 347

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 02:24 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I think I read a thread on yb by the head guy saying they changed the oil basically ever 3-4 runs on a track or dyno. People thought that was excessive but he stood by it. I use Brad Penn oil in mine. About the same as the VR1 with the zinc content.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd run a JY before a thompson
Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by George C....
I wouldnt suprise if review is no good. Lets how it goes with my new motor if it mess. I would totally **** off. I paid for 5600 for long block forged. I see foose04 run tms 347 iron. look like he have no problem since?
Old 06-23-2015, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by George C....
Who is JY?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JY = junkyard
Old 06-30-2015, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got engine last week from Thompson motorsport. I put in last Saturday. Crank up. Everything looks good. Wow lot of torque and loud. So bad news I was very disappoint that I just found rear main plate seal are start leaking! From what I paid that they put all together as longblock. I don't know if they really torque each, and did put front and rear cover/gasket/seal.. I only had put oil pan on and put in my truck. I asked Dustin who did all this built mine. I tried email Kyle three times. He would never respond me. It made me wonder why he don't. But Dustin usually answer me back each emails in late time. I not feel any better because of oil leak iossues on rear main seal. Don't know if they really did alignment seal?? I spent over 5500 I wasn't expect if something is up problem. I told them why its oil leak. They asked me what kind oil I use. I was follow their instruction for break in oil vavlorine VR1 20w-50. They say bec of high oil pressure can cause oil leak on rear main seal? Is that true??? I don't like oil leak on my driveway..

Right now my truck is in transmission shop (mad dog performance transmission) that who built my 4l80e. IT was work ok 1,2,3,4 gears and reverse. Now the 2,3,4 and reverse are gone. I have new circle d multi disk stage 3 billet converter in there.. I asked them other issues why my transmission not work since they did built mine. I have two bad luck engine oil leak and transmission issues ugh. I have only one truck to transport! I asked mad dog don't mind fix rear main seal since they will pull transmission out. It is right there same to do fix oil leak issues. I pray when my truck back on road and hope not going happen with my engine problem. Because I read a lot of people feedback on ls1tech about this issue. Made me wonder. But still I don't know why Kyle never respond me back email whatever I wanted talk while I bought a engine. They should appericate to run their business for customer buy their engine. Does it make sense to you? I just wanted to share with yall. I tried post video sound with my new engine. if someone can give me text and I can forward my video and post this wall for me?
Old 07-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sorry that you have had issues getting ahold of me, I know Dustin has been working with you on this and have forwarded all emails to him to keep from having any confusion or mis understanding with multiple responses. The rear cover is something we do not install because it must be aligned with the oil pan and crankshaft when installed. We made an exception for your to help you out but the cover still MUST be aligned with everything when the pan is installed, especially after shipping and being bounced in a crate from TX to CA. It is possible and for that matter very likely that the cover is crooked if it was not checked upon install. If the trans is out to rebuild I would take the time to check it and make sure it is on straight. It should be a very simple adjustment at that point.

Other than that the video you send sounds great, I am glad to hear the motor is performing as you had hoped. As always if we can help with anything please do not hesitate to ask. If you would like to have me work with you on this rather than Dustin that is not a problem, I will let him know to forward all info to me so I can catch up on what is being done with your build. We thank you for the opportunity to work with you and I am sure you will enjoy your TMS motor for years to come.
Thank you,
Kyle
972-853-2450
Old 07-01-2015, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldnt worry so much about that leak then i would about "MAD DOG" transsmissions, do a search for reviews on them

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
I got engine last week from Thompson motorsport. I put in last Saturday. Crank up. Everything looks good. Wow lot of torque and loud. So bad news I was very disappoint that I just found rear main plate seal are start leaking! From what I paid that they put all together as longblock. I don't know if they really torque each, and did put front and rear cover/gasket/seal.. I only had put oil pan on and put in my truck. I asked Dustin who did all this built mine. I tried email Kyle three times. He would never respond me. It made me wonder why he don't. But Dustin usually answer me back each emails in late time. I not feel any better because of oil leak iossues on rear main seal. Don't know if they really did alignment seal?? I spent over 5500 I wasn't expect if something is up problem. I told them why its oil leak. They asked me what kind oil I use. I was follow their instruction for break in oil vavlorine VR1 20w-50. They say bec of high oil pressure can cause oil leak on rear main seal? Is that true??? I don't like oil leak on my driveway..

Right now my truck is in transmission shop (mad dog performance transmission) that who built my 4l80e. IT was work ok 1,2,3,4 gears and reverse. Now the 2,3,4 and reverse are gone. I have new circle d multi disk stage 3 billet converter in there.. I asked them other issues why my transmission not work since they did built mine. I have two bad luck engine oil leak and transmission issues ugh. I have only one truck to transport! I asked mad dog don't mind fix rear main seal since they will pull transmission out. It is right there same to do fix oil leak issues. I pray when my truck back on road and hope not going happen with my engine problem. Because I read a lot of people feedback on ls1tech about this issue. Made me wonder. But still I don't know why Kyle never respond me back email whatever I wanted talk while I bought a engine. They should appericate to run their business for customer buy their engine. Does it make sense to you? I just wanted to share with yall. I tried post video sound with my new engine. if someone can give me text and I can forward my video and post this wall for me?
Old 07-02-2015, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thompson
I am sorry that you have had issues getting ahold of me, I know Dustin has been working with you on this and have forwarded all emails to him to keep from having any confusion or mis understanding with multiple responses. The rear cover is something we do not install because it must be aligned with the oil pan and crankshaft when installed. We made an exception for your to help you out but the cover still MUST be aligned with everything when the pan is installed, especially after shipping and being bounced in a crate from TX to CA. It is possible and for that matter very likely that the cover is crooked if it was not checked upon install. If the trans is out to rebuild I would take the time to check it and make sure it is on straight. It should be a very simple adjustment at that point.

Other than that the video you send sounds great, I am glad to hear the motor is performing as you had hoped. As always if we can help with anything please do not hesitate to ask. If you would like to have me work with you on this rather than Dustin that is not a problem, I will let him know to forward all info to me so I can catch up on what is being done with your build. We thank you for the opportunity to work with you and I am sure you will enjoy your TMS motor for years to come.
Thank you,
Kyle
972-853-2450

Kyle. I appericate for that. Thank you. Yeah I understood about reAr main seal need to be alignment. Yes I just got my truck back from trans shop it was cracked front pump. Really happened I was follow by circle d instruction say 1/8 shim between flywheel to converter bolts. Mad dog remove shim and same time rebuilt it. Run fine now. But rear oil leak still. I told mad dog owner it not fixed rear seal which they thought it wasn't leak. I told them only it would leak if it's run. Will take it back to them and fix the rear seal as well.
Thank you Kyle I like my 347 sounds. But I just not get used. Because I wonder why they can't go over 6000 rpm since cam is 226/232 115 +4 Lsa which would go 6400. What I suppose do? Don't know if need tune again make this rev limiter remove or shift point? I still learn how high stall converter work. Mine is circle d billet stage 3 multi disk 3200 stall. See if anyone who experince with high stall can teach me?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sorry but I am not sure I am following you on the 6000/6400RPM thing. Are you hitting a limiter or saying that your peaking at 6000RPM?

Quick Reply: Tms iron 347