INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Tbss/nnbs intake on 01 5.3?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my return rails to fit with some trimming sold it to another memeber and he is running it
Name:  20120424_112859.jpg
Views: 17672
Size:  134.6 KB
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its regulated inside the filter. There is a relief valve inside the filter that uses spring pressure to keep the return closed off till it reaches 58 PSI then it allows excess fuel not needed to maintain 58 PSI to return to the tank. I had to have my injectors scaled over to run off a constant fuel pressure instead of using variable pressure. The pump on our older trucks is a constant pressure pump, Its voltage or output is not variable. The regulator on the rail allowed more or less fuel to return back to the tank from the depending on a vacuum signal. This setup is ok if you are running NA like mine, but not as good of an option for boosted apps. Here is a picture of the inside of the vette FPR/fliter. The fuel comes in the top on the back side, it is filtered and allowed to pressure up the rail. The return fuel is feed back the the center line after the pressure in the rail has been met at 58 psi. If your rail pressure drops the return valve closes and the rail getss full pump volume to make up the difference till pressure of 58 PSI is reached again. It's not really fast enough responding setup for the high volume fuel system needed on boost. But Im only gonna run NA and set up a dedicated enrichment tank for my Spray.

N E 1 ever heard of a fuel filter w/internal regulator failing? - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

I wouldn't use any cheaper filter then Wix. The cheaper the filter the slower it will be to respond. Don't know how makes the Micro guard.

Last edited by MPFD; 01-16-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by MPFD
Its regulated inside the filter. There is a relief valve inside the filter that uses spring pressure to keep the return closed off till it reaches 58 PSI then it allows excess fuel not needed to maintain 58 PSI to return to the tank. I had to have my injectors scaled over to run off a constant fuel pressure instead of using variable pressure. The pump on our older trucks is a constant pressure pump, Its voltage or output is not variable. The regulator on the rail allowed more or less fuel to return back to the tank from the depending on a vacuum signal. This setup is ok if you are running NA like mine, but not as good of an option for boosted apps. Here is a picture of the inside of the vette FPR/fliter. The fuel comes in the top on the back side, it is filtered and allowed to pressure up the rail. The return fuel is feed back the the center line after the pressure in the rail has been met at 58 psi. If your rail pressure drops the return valve closes and the rail getss full pump volume to make up the difference till pressure of 58 PSI is reached again. It's not really fast enough responding setup for the high volume fuel system needed on boost. But Im only gonna run NA and set up a dedicated enrichment tank for my Spray.

N E 1 ever heard of a fuel filter w/internal regulator failing? - Z06Vette.com - Corvette Z06 Forum

I wouldn't use any cheaper filter then Wix. The cheaper the filter the slower it will be to respond. Don't know how makes the Micro guard.

Interesting, ya I would not run that with boost.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
11 Second Truck Club

The biggest issue with it is having too high of pressure, not too low. One of the mods talked to me and said he saw almost 70 psi at idle one time before he ditched his. But as you boosted guys know you need high volume fuel systems and this setup is not ideal. It can't return enough fuel fast enough when you are running a giant volume pump or added inline pumps.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2000chevysilverado
I got my return rails to fit with some trimming sold it to another memeber and he is running it
Any more pics/suggestions on how to do this?

Maybe switching to longer LS1 injectors would help push the fuel rail up giving you more room to finagle the return fuel rail into place. Anyone do this?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Any more pics/suggestions on how to do this?

Maybe switching to longer LS1 injectors would help push the fuel rail up giving you more room to finagle the return fuel rail into place. Anyone do this?
I will post the pics of my setup up later tonite
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So has anyone verified the longer LS1 injectors working with the return style rails? I have the ls1 injectrs that where tall as hell and did not work on my FAST setup. I will be switching to a tbss intake.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guy I sold it to used the factory injectors with it. Unfortanatly thats the only pic I have deleted mostly all I remeber using sapcers for the fuel rails and I trimmed the intake down where the crossover tube was. It was the plastic that sticks up from the factory
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

I run mine with a warlbo and 80# injectors and boost and no problems ill have to past pics then I get home
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is how I did mine I've had a few people want to know how the FP was idle is 59 it drops to about 56 at WOT

Name:  PICT0032-5.jpg
Views: 14408
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  PICT0031-4.jpg
Views: 13802
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  PICT0028-1.jpg
Views: 12469
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  PICT0029-2.jpg
Views: 13307
Size:  97.9 KB

Quick Reply: Tbss/nnbs intake on 01 5.3?