INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

reusable Oil Filters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
They state that they accept higher pressure, and some offer up to 40 micron filtering...typically they are 25 microns tho. The slam to the replacable $5 ones is that they do not pass the oil through and their flow rate is too low, therefore the oil actually never gets filtered properly or not at all for a certain volume. I'm no engineer, but I did just
stay at a holiday inn last night
thats what i thought was coming as i read your post
Old 02-27-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I'll let you know if i make the 1000000 mile marker.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NegraRCSB2X4auto
lol im i sucker because i use one lol. but if i ever change cars they'll send me a free one for the new car. O well stuck with it now.
Which one are u using? How hard are they to clean?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

trufilter oil system
go it about 4 years ago don't know how much they are now I paid like 115 or something like that.
They are not that hard to clean but It takes some time to clean and let dry. But what I did is buy another inner filter for like 20 bucks. That's the part you have to wait an hour or so to let dry. So all I do is swap them so one is clean and dry at all times. The other parts are easy to clean and dry within 5 minutes. So while the oil drains I'm cleaning. When I had just one I'd do it at night Let the oil drain all night and the filter dry. Get up put it on and ready to go. The things I do for this truck I don't even do that for my wife LOL. J/k
http://www.rddyno.com/trufilter.php
Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I truly like it when i did my first oil change I got this filter and the royal purple xpr5w-30 and I honestly felt like the truck had freed up some power. I didn't notice **** lol when I did the E-fans not that they didn't help.
Try it and see if you get the same results I've alway been curious.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Speaking from experience, my grandfather back in the 50's and 60's never used to run an oil filter at all. This was back when they had the paper element in the metal canister. He would change oil every 2000 miles and back when motors only lasted 60-100K miles before they were shot, he was getting 200K+ out of his inline 6 chevy truck engines. Especially on new cars, I don't see filterting being that important until you lose oil pressure or you're one of those over 3K mile oil change guys. Oil is designed to only suspend "x" amount of particles and without a filter to remove them, over time it can wear an engine. I would say go for it if you're a frequent oil changer. If you're part of the "synthetic can go 12,000 mile crowd", definatly use a high quality filter.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Speaking from experience, my grandfather back in the 50's and 60's never used to run an oil filter at all. This was back when they had the paper element in the metal canister. He would change oil every 2000 miles and back when motors only lasted 60-100K miles before they were shot, he was getting 200K+ out of his inline 6 chevy truck engines. Especially on new cars, I don't see filterting being that important until you lose oil pressure or you're one of those over 3K mile oil change guys. Oil is designed to only suspend "x" amount of particles and without a filter to remove them, over time it can wear an engine. I would say go for it if you're a frequent oil changer. If you're part of the "synthetic can go 12,000 mile crowd", definatly use a high quality filter.
Good points...but when ur running a boosted motor, custom built, 500+rwhp...etc, even an extra 20% of wear life is worth the effort. I dunno, what everyone might think, but I haven't heard of guys getting 100k out of these motors! Now that cud be just cause we're all addicted to ponies and can't sit still that long....
Old 02-28-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

The things I do for this truck I don't even do that for my wife LOL. J/k

I have to admit...I like your sentiment. My own wife would sometimes agree.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I told my wife I'll be finished this year god willing. Then we can blow money on gay things like her deck flower beds and ****. LOL and what ever gay things she wants later.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I told my wife to get to work if she wants to get herself some stuff! So she did...thats why she drives a Porsche, and I'm modding a Chev!

Quick Reply: reusable Oil Filters?