PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/internal-engine-modifications-158/)
-   -   East Coast engine builders? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/internal-engine-modifications-158/east-coast-engine-builders-406723/)

Casey2323 12-09-2007 11:11 AM

If i was on the Upper east coast I would No Doubt get in Contact with SlowHawk ... Don has tuned and built some serious power combos cars and trucks Don is apart of Dez Racing... AND BTW You make shipping sound like a huge problem but No matter if you ship it 400 miles or 4000 miles your not going to be looking @ a huge price differance and most builders Ship on a Regular basis and can get you a pretty smoking deal! For Engine parts I deal with Richard/Rex @WCCH Two Very top Notch guys

GMGen3 12-09-2007 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by OneBadSSS (Post 3794139)
Are any of the shops mentioned capable of doing a 5.3 to 5.7 conversion?

Carolina Auto Masters and R.P.M. can fix you up with any custom setup of your choice.

OneBadSSS 12-10-2007 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Casey2323 (Post 3794226)
If i was on the Upper east coast I would No Doubt get in Contact with SlowHawk ... Don has tuned and built some serious power combos cars and trucks Don is apart of Dez Racing... AND BTW You make shipping sound like a huge problem but No matter if you ship it 400 miles or 4000 miles your not going to be looking @ a huge price differance and most builders Ship on a Regular basis and can get you a pretty smoking deal! For Engine parts I deal with Richard/Rex @WCCH Two Very top Notch guys

It's not that shipping is a "huge problem" but since my eventual plan is to do a 5.3 to forged 5.7 conversion in my truck, I'd like to be able to just drop it off at a shop and let them tear into it instead of having to pull the motor myself, find an alternate means of getting it to a shipping center and then vice versa when it gets shipped back. Makes things easier!

dhpro 12-10-2007 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by OneBadSSS (Post 3793213)
Got any more info on these two? I noticed from your sig that you had a 370/122 combo built, installed and tuned by Slowhawk. How's that working out for you?

Slowhawk will do everything u need. Unfortunately I found him after I'd started with another builder, so my probs have been comedic! Don is the guy as far as trucks are concerned in the NorthEast. There's plenty of good LS builders but precious few who know our trucks. So far as I can tell the list is short: Dez Racing, WCCH/Rex, W2W, Maggie & Left Coast, Trick...I'm sure I've missed one or 2. Make sure u ONLY have the motoro built by someone who has done or works with someone who has done a truck motor. They have little idiosyncracies that are particular to their working well with SC/turbo packages in the trucks, and ull want the benefit of experience. Trust me, I'm educating my builder more than I'd have liked, and the hassel factor skyrockets in a CASE like mine. U don't wanna have to bring it back again. That said, the closer the better - u will be coming back for retunes, loose ends, growing pains no matter who u use. R/:nod:

Hawk179 12-10-2007 10:30 AM

Best Machine in Michigan.

Rick

dhpro 12-10-2007 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy (Post 3795043)
Best Machine in Michigan.

Rick

Rick...sorry I left u out! I knew there was at leastr one guy I forgot to mention. :nod:

Spoolin 12-11-2007 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by dhpro (Post 3795113)
Rick...sorry I left u out! I knew there was at leastr one guy I forgot to mention. :nod:

LOL, I was thinking the same thing!! :poke:

cmcolfax 09-14-2018 05:32 AM

The "East Coast" is a VERY broad area!

Could you narrow it down to a region mebbe?

Anyway, these guys have a good rep in Central VA

centralvirginiamachine

cmcolfax 09-14-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG (Post 3793808)
Call Slowhawk. He doesn't build motors, but he will build you an entire setup around a motor...

And I can attest that he knows how to put a setup together.

Originally Posted by dhpro (Post 3794980)
Slowhawk will do everything u need.

That said, the closer the better - u will be coming
back for retunes, lo​​ose ends, growing pains no matter who u use. R/:nod:

what do you mean by he doesn't build motors but will "build" you a setup?

Edu-ma-cate me .

RedXray 09-14-2018 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by cmcolfax (Post 5447711)
The "East Coast" is a VERY broad area!

Could you narrow it down to a region mebbe?

You may not get an answer on a eleven year old thread dig... oh nice dig!