Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Warning! If you're buying a 2015 silverado read this first!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

What state are you in? In Texas, verbal agreements are just as good as a written statement. If the salesman told you it could be done, and it can't, I'd hold them to it.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Race your car!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in CT. I dunno, sales guy called today but I was already at work... Curious to hear what they have to say tomorrow when I try getting ahold of them. If I have to go aftermarket so be it but man every time I get in this hint and look at an ugly pos on he dash by the a pillar.... I'm gonna be pissed. I won't have this truck long if I end up going that route. Ill get annoyed with it part ways with it.

I hate to say it.... By after 5 dodge trucks I went to a chevy, starting to wonder if this was a good idea.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Buddy installed the oe brake controller on his and could not get it to work after spending alot of cash
Old 07-24-2014, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you give a big enough stink you should be able to get a brand new truck done the right way.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya that's some bullshit, time to start putting that dealer on blast!!! These fukin salesmen make promises for a sale that they can't back up, then the GM is left picking up the pieces.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a friend that bought a toyota they screwed him on the trd package. After a year and a half and blasting every media sight he could the fixed his truck. They were about to buy his truck back because of leaf springs. So keep up the work and they will get it taken care of.

Sorry to here about the bullshit
Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 AM
Race your car!

Terryville Chevrolet in terryville CT. Do not, buy anything from them. Ray Demers, don't buy anything from him either.

I got a sole attempt to be contacted yesterday, the general manager that I was contacted by, Jim (I forget his last name) didn't even bother calling me back after out conversation on Wednesday..... Of all the cars and trucks I have bought in the last 20 years, this is by far, the worst service, and obviously the most uneducated sales staff I have interacted with, by far.

I'm about to just have a prodigy wired into this thing, since I actually need to use it fairly soon... Go buy a class 5 curt with the 2x2 receiver and call it done... Just don't have the time to deal with this.

Miserable failure.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't even know you could buy a 2500 HD without a freaking hitch...

Maybe I missed it but I don't see where you bought and paid for a factory hitch and factory brake controller and the dealership or General Motors for that matter just failed to deliver the merchandise?? You did buy a truck that did not have those items on the window sticker, right? Technically those can be added (insert generic hitch and brake controller). The salesman and whoever OK'd the agreement (GM??) for factory equipment definitely made a mistake by stating something that they knew nothing about and yes, they ought to try and make it right. It sounded like they were going to try... minus the difference in sticker price and the depreciation factor of course.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Race your car!

I specifically asked if the in dash could be added, as the truck did not have it. I was told absolutely, that this was done all the time.

I made the point to ask 3 times and got yes every time.

If I can get them to swap this truck for one identical to the one I have, ill pay the difference in price to have one with the controller, and tow pkg or whatever I'd required to have it, not a problem. If I had known I needed to buy the truck with it, I would have.

My entire beef, is the lack of knowledge of the product resulting in me buying a truck that I technically can not do what I want with.

If I can get them to take this back and find me a duplicate, right down to the color ( tungsten metallic 2500 crew 4x4, LT pkg with the better stereo, 4.10 gear, 6.0/6 spd auto, just add tow pkg and the in dash controller, I will be as happy as a pig in ****.

They try to hammer me on depreciation, any of that by takin this one back with 1300 miles on it, they can get screwed.... Their lack of knowledge created this entire situation as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by JL ws-6; 07-25-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Race your car!

Well here's the update. Terryvilles sales manager did a 500 mile radius search for a 2500 crew can tungsten metallic colored LT PCM with the towin and the brake controller in dash.... Nope. Not one anywhere, so they say.

So on the dash goes a prodigy :-( Not thrilled, at all.

Quick Reply: Warning! If you're buying a 2015 silverado read this first!!!