GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

power adder options.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 03:27 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bk_cauley
I stand corrected. Thank you sir. Looks like I found what I need.
The only way I knew is I just looked that up earlier this week
Old 08-24-2014, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ststurbo.com should have something. If not listed in their catalog, you can call them and they will put a kit together.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been down the rear mount round. Will never do that again. Horrible idea.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Procharger has a kit, just call them.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Called PC yesterday. So far I'm set on a roots/ screw blower.I tow a travel trailer for my job and really like the low end of them. Pretty sure Whipple will get this one. Anyone with a Magnuson have any comments?
Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bk_cauley
Called PC yesterday. So far I'm set on a roots/ screw blower.I tow a travel trailer for my job and really like the low end of them. Pretty sure Whipple will get this one. Anyone with a Magnuson have any comments?
for towing you would be far better off with the edelbrock, i have it on my 6.2 and it has a way better intercooler. mine stays between 20 and 30 degrees of ambient at full boost, making 624 hp at the crank on only 6.5 lbs of boost.
also lots of the competitors are having drivability issues due to the new e92 ecm and the torque based system. my trucks runs as good as stock and i still get 23 mpg highway.
the intercooler heat exchanger spans the entire radiator top to bottom and side to side and flows 7 gallons per minute. the heat exchanger is rated at 21,000 btu's
if you ask me any other kit is a fail by comparison.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like someone is getting paid.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Former Vendor

I don't know about that guy, but I am definitely getting paid (I work for Magnuson). We're launching our 2014 6.2L Silverado kit this week. We were first to market with the 5.3L kit, so we got a jumpstart on tuning the new DI motors. I've been driving our 6.2L development truck and it's awesome - great driveability and tons of power (we'll release official power numbers soon, but it picks up around 100 rwhp at 6 psi).

For towing, you'd be better off with one of the Eaton TVS-based kits, as they'll make more low and mid-range power than a turbo, centri, or screw-type. I tow my track car with our supercharged trucks and I love it - lots of grunt, so that when you're towing up a grade it doesn't need to downshift and hunt. The Eaton-based units are also known for their reliability. We tow our fifth-wheel show-rig with a 6.0L truck with our 1900 blower, and it has over 90,000 miles and going strong (and has been known to pass some diesels on the Power Tour). We've been selling truck kits for over a decade, and we have people who call us to tell us they have 200,000 miles on their blower.

Any questions just let us know!

-Matt @ Magnuson
Old 09-03-2014, 03:59 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MagnusonSuperchargers
I don't know about that guy, but I am definitely getting paid (I work for Magnuson). We're launching our 2014 6.2L Silverado kit this week. We were first to market with the 5.3L kit, so we got a jumpstart on tuning the new DI motors. I've been driving our 6.2L development truck and it's awesome - great driveability and tons of power (we'll release official power numbers soon, but it picks up around 100 rwhp at 6 psi).

For towing, you'd be better off with one of the Eaton TVS-based kits, as they'll make more low and mid-range power than a turbo, centri, or screw-type. I tow my track car with our supercharged trucks and I love it - lots of grunt, so that when you're towing up a grade it doesn't need to downshift and hunt. The Eaton-based units are also known for their reliability. We tow our fifth-wheel show-rig with a 6.0L truck with our 1900 blower, and it has over 90,000 miles and going strong (and has been known to pass some diesels on the Power Tour). We've been selling truck kits for over a decade, and we have people who call us to tell us they have 200,000 miles on their blower.

Any questions just let us know!

-Matt @ Magnuson
Matt you have a PM
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Banned

Magnuson and Whipple are both excellent options for a power adder, and are both very reliable with linear power curves which are ideal for towing. We have a twin turbo kit in the works as well right now, here is a link to the build thread if you would like to check it out:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...rmance-532819/

Quick Reply: power adder options.