PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/)
-   -   Boosted exhaust options? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/boosted-exhaust-options-547423/)

BCraven1018 01-12-2017 06:42 PM

So for the guys saying they would've stayed stock are y'all saying long tubes and stock exhaust or no long tubes at all?

07Softail 01-12-2017 06:51 PM

Long tubes and stock exhaust in my opinion.

RT

kbracing96 01-12-2017 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by trxmxzx (Post 5394334)
a friend had wanted a bigger muffler but not loud as hell or completely messing his flow with a Maggie - so he went 02 Duramax stock muffler- with ORY - in my opinion it's not to loud driving

he uses his cutout if he is wanting to be really heard

^^^ This... We did this on my buddy's turbo truck and it sounded great! He thought it was being restrictive so one day he cut if off and put a strait pipe in place of the muffler. All it did was made it loud as F***, lol. Didn't help the power any.

I've got a dmax muffler I think I'm gonna put on my turbo truck and I've got one of those 3" boost actuated cutouts from ebay I'll just put pre-muffler and then route it around the muffler, back it the tail pipe so it's not dumping under the truck. They don't start to open till about 6 PSI so should work well and keep things quiet while reducing back pressure.

trxmxzx 01-13-2017 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by kbracing96 (Post 5394359)
^^^ This... We did this on my buddy's turbo truck and it sounded great! He thought it was being restrictive so one day he cut if off and put a strait pipe in place of the muffler. All it did was made it loud as F***, lol. Didn't help the power any.

I've got a dmax muffler I think I'm gonna put on my turbo truck and I've got one of those 3" boost actuated cutouts from ebay I'll just put pre-muffler and then route it around the muffler, back it the tail pipe so it's not dumping under the truck. They don't start to open till about 6 PSI so should work well and keep things quiet while reducing back pressure.

im currently thinking the same way he did- I have a hooker aerochamber dumped over axle. It sounds good but it's getting annoying on highway

gonzo 6.2 01-16-2017 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by kbracing96 (Post 5394359)

I like that idea,wished I thought of that,:thumb:
might try the OE flapper

thewrx 01-19-2017 05:58 PM

I run gutted cats, and corsa touring with a magnaflow resonator. Not to loud at all, stock ypipe makes the pulse sound slightly odd but working on that.

if i had my choice test pipes or intermediate pipes from manifolds with high flow cats, twin vibrant mufflers and twin long bottle resonators, 2.5 each dual all the way front to back and over rear axle, twin cutouts before cats.

That would be plenty of breathing room for 2300 maggie, currently only running 1900 (for sale btw)

FELONIOUS1 01-19-2017 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by thewrx (Post 5395182)
I run gutted cats, and corsa touring with a magnaflow resonator. Not to loud at all, stock ypipe makes the pulse sound slightly odd but working on that.

if i had my choice test pipes or intermediate pipes from manifolds with high flow cats, twin vibrant mufflers and twin long bottle resonators, 2.5 each dual all the way front to back and over rear axle, twin cutouts before cats.

That would be plenty of breathing room for 2300 maggie, currently only running 1900 (for sale btw)

Are you running stock manifolds or shorty headers with stock y? I assume this is on a 14 up 5.3 truck?