Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

what happened to the traffic

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 91Z28
You do, but what I'm saying is rather than do that and have a tuner just copy and paste I'd rather just be tuned by someone who knows how to adjust VVT themselves to tailor it specifically to your vehicle.
I agree, I don't know how Flaco is on his vvt, whether he cuts n pastes or go through it. But having the cheat sheet would really help I'm sure.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

i know ive been very quiet on here lately, been more lurking than posting... got some new goodies in route for my truck, hope to have it all done soon. Ive noticed lots of yall staying busy!! all the trucks looing and running SWEET!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:28 PM
cam
TECH Addict

i'm just worried about the heavy valves. Read they give problems under higher mileage/hp trucks. Might be a nice piece of mind to change valves if reving close to 7K
Well.... We're gonna find out next season. My limiter in my 6.2 VVT t56 swap is set to 7K and im running beehives with stock valves so......

Regardless they arent exactly "that" heavy its just a bad early batch of L92's ate valves and Im betting that it was crappy stock valve springs that broke causing these issues not the valves themselves. That plus first year anything is often the guinea pig so the L92 head/valves got off to a rocky rep but the reasons why are still up for grabs.

Anyways regarding EPS lobes they are not the most aggressive they are the most unique. Lobe design is more about timing of the speed of valve movement rather than the total movement itself. So EPS lobes were in fact designed to be easier on and off the seat allowing for more lift, without loss of valve control. Plus they were apparently designed around the PAC 1518 spring so... By the end of this summer I'll either be cursing the beehives, or raving about them cus Im gonna beat this thing like I always do LOL. Anyways regarding VVT thats a whole other dilema that Im too tired to bother with right now

But yes this board has always been a little on and off. I noticed when prices tp buy were more and more attractive posts went up and up too. Now it seems everyones waiting on the new truck comin

Shame really. The GMT900 is a sweet truck as a DD in my opinion and Id rather wait a bunch of years for the perfect new truck rather than be the first tool who buys one

Old 02-10-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skipperdaddy
i know ive been very quiet on here lately, been more lurking than posting... got some new goodies in route for my truck, hope to have it all done soon. Ive noticed lots of yall staying busy!! all the trucks looing and running SWEET!
now there is a name i havent seen in awhile! How the hell ya been SkipperDaddy?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cam
Well.... We're gonna find out next season. My limiter in my 6.2 VVT t56 swap is set to 7K and im running beehives with stock valves so......

Regardless they arent exactly "that" heavy its just a bad early batch of L92's ate valves and Im betting that it was crappy stock valve springs that broke causing these issues not the valves themselves. That plus first year anything is often the guinea pig so the L92 head/valves got off to a rocky rep but the reasons why are still up for grabs.

Anyways regarding EPS lobes they are not the most aggressive they are the most unique. Lobe design is more about timing of the speed of valve movement rather than the total movement itself. So EPS lobes were in fact designed to be easier on and off the seat allowing for more lift, without loss of valve control. Plus they were apparently designed around the PAC 1518 spring so... By the end of this summer I'll either be cursing the beehives, or raving about them cus Im gonna beat this thing like I always do LOL. Anyways regarding VVT thats a whole other dilema that Im too tired to bother with right now

But yes this board has always been a little on and off. I noticed when prices tp buy were more and more attractive posts went up and up too. Now it seems everyones waiting on the new truck comin

Shame really. The GMT900 is a sweet truck as a DD in my opinion and Id rather wait a bunch of years for the perfect new truck rather than be the first tool who buys one

I bet that will be amazing! 7K shifting with those heads has to be BadAss!
Looking forward to some vids!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

traffic? lol a week off work = me being on here multiple times a day
Old 02-10-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06Sierra2
traffic? lol a week off work = me being on here multiple times a day
I'm on here and multiple other forums all day at work lmao.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
I'm on here and multiple other forums all day at work lmao.
Haha me too
Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Gas prices go up, site traffic goes down. Not to mention the recession hasn't been easy on everyone
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 91Z28
You do, but what I'm saying is rather than do that and have a tuner just copy and paste I'd rather just be tuned by someone who knows how to adjust VVT themselves to tailor it specifically to your vehicle.
TSP spent more time modifying those tables on the dyno that any tuner ever will.... The beauty of the supplied tables is that it takes that variable out of the tuning equation and makes it the same as tuning a non-VVT.

Quick Reply: what happened to the traffic