Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Tire pressure sensors.... how to turn off?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the sensors but they are not installed in the wheels because of a poor fit it is possible to have them placed within the spare or perhaps a small wheel barrow tire to signal your TPM system all is OK. just a suggestion.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the dealer and they had a tool that reset the computer. Although he still had to go through the tire sequence and the DIC.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

okay guys I'm at a loss......went to get rims/tires, when the rims finally came in we planned on reusing the stock sensors, but were at a loss as to how to get them out of the rim in a usable condition. So we mounted the new tires on the rims and sent me on my way. 2 days later the light came on and has been on ever since, bout a week after the initial install, the sensors came in, adn we installed them, later that day I set the info center into the relearn junk and dropped the front driver's side to the rim with no reaction from the truck.....said eff this, filled it back up and haven't looked at it since.

Am I at the point I need some dealer intervention? Do these new sensors need to be learned/synched with the computer besides just learning the positions? I'm at a loss here, I could care less bout the tire pressures in my vettes.....can care less bout it on the truck since I actually use a gauge on a regular basis.....but if the feature is there and I can avoid the light I'd prefer it.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Y2KLimited
okay guys I'm at a loss......went to get rims/tires, when the rims finally came in we planned on reusing the stock sensors, but were at a loss as to how to get them out of the rim in a usable condition. So we mounted the new tires on the rims and sent me on my way. 2 days later the light came on and has been on ever since, bout a week after the initial install, the sensors came in, adn we installed them, later that day I set the info center into the relearn junk and dropped the front driver's side to the rim with no reaction from the truck.....said eff this, filled it back up and haven't looked at it since.

Am I at the point I need some dealer intervention? Do these new sensors need to be learned/synched with the computer besides just learning the positions? I'm at a loss here, I could care less bout the tire pressures in my vettes.....can care less bout it on the truck since I actually use a gauge on a regular basis.....but if the feature is there and I can avoid the light I'd prefer it.

ANY good tire shop or the dealer can reset your new sensors if the they were not damaged
on the install.
what i did when i put new wheels on was get a second set aftermarket sensors from carquest [i left the oe ones in the oe wheels to use for winter] because they were cheaper and they reset fine , but... if you end up changing wheels again [which I did] with aftermarket sensors you can re-use the sensor but NOT the valve stem which is a pain if you are on the road and can't match the parts you need.
so word to the wise, if you change sensors go with oe, atleast you know what related parts you need ,if you change wheels or have a flat and they are damaged

hope that makes sense
Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can add me to the list. Manual resetting of the tire sensors did not work when we installed my winter tires/rims, had to go to GM. By the time I had filled out all the info for the service, the guy was done. 24.95.

I had thought if it was like 55.00 or so I'd buy the tool, pay for itself in 3 years or so but at 24.95 doesn't seem so bad. I suppose a guy could buy one anyway, do your own and others for like 10.00 and help pay for things, these sensors are on a LOT of vehicles now and aren't going away.

Problem with the tool is you have do software updates and things like that, costs money too. Hopefully in the future the manual reset procedure will work better.

BTW, GM 17" wheels and sensors. Ride is no different, but a little more responsive off the line than the GM 20's.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:14 AM
JB1
TECH Resident

whats the part number for the gmt900 tpms sensors?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JB1
whats the part number for the gmt900 tpms sensors?
15254101 for GMT900's built after Oct 2006. They have the rubber looking style stem system.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
JB1
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by niugnep
15254101 for GMT900's built after Oct 2006. They have the rubber looking style stem system.
Thanks...it looks like it was replaced by 15922396 according to gmpartsdirect
Old 01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JB1
Thanks...it looks like it was replaced by 15922396 according to gmpartsdirect
Good to know, GM changes part numbers like people change their socks....
Old 01-14-2008, 06:38 AM
JB1
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by niugnep
Good to know, GM changes part numbers like people change their socks....
thats the truth

Quick Reply: Tire pressure sensors.... how to turn off?