Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

thinking about a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default thinking about a Camaro

I was thinking last night that I could have just bought a Camaro So I went down to the dealership today and asked about it. Well I would take a $10,000 hit. so cant do it. Well im looking at a magna SC for my 6.2L 4x4. so theres $6000. If they could get me down to say a $6000 hit should I do it. I dont realy need a Truck and can pay cash for a nice awd 2001 S10 Blazer for the winter. Would the Camaro be faster then the truck with a SC? Im looking at a SS/RS coup with a 6speed stick.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must be really dense, dude, but I just don't understand why you bought a truck in the first place if you don't need a truck ... help me out here. I mean, I think stuff like that from time to time but then I remember why I bought a truck. For what I need to do, a Camaro or a Vette or a Mustang just won't cut it.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

I bought a Truck because I always had a truck. I wanted a pull behind camper but haven't bought one yet, I wanted to put my dirt bike in the back but now my bad back wont alow me to ride off road. I wanted a 4x4 truck because we have snow here. Now I changed my mined. I dont need a camper I am selling the bike and I can buy a cheap 4x4 to use in the winter. Now I dont want to wreck my $42000 truck on these salt and acid covered roads. So no camper no bike and no winter. So what do I need a truck for?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

i guess i did it backwards then. i bought a 2010 when they came out, vin#14676 off the line. had it on preorder for i don't know how many months.. loved the car. minus the fact that i couldn't drive it for 6months out of the year. i too had a beater 4x4 for winter but it really pissed me off making payments and driving a hunk of ****(compared to the camaro). decided to sell it, and get a truck with basically the same engine. still miss the car when i see them driving around, but think i made the right choice overall.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

what did you think about the performance between the 2
Old 09-17-2012, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCunningham
I bought a Truck because I always had a truck. I wanted a pull behind camper but haven't bought one yet, I wanted to put my dirt bike in the back but now my bad back wont alow me to ride off road. I wanted a 4x4 truck because we have snow here. Now I changed my mined. I dont need a camper I am selling the bike and I can buy a cheap 4x4 to use in the winter. Now I dont want to wreck my $42000 truck on these salt and acid covered roads. So no camper no bike and no winter. So what do I need a truck for?
Now THAT I can understand. I've had life change things on me before, too! Costs a hell of a lot of money, though.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JCunningham
what did you think about the performance between the 2
camaro was a hell of a lot quicker. had offroad downpipes, dynomax bullets, short throw shifter. put down 381 to the wheels... the truck is no slouch for a truck, it really needs a tune though
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Teching In

I would def shop around. Any dealer with a Camaro on there hands this time of year should be drooling for your truck! The 6.2's are hard to find and should def be worth a premium price. Friggin dealers are all the same! What they have is top dollar and in high demand, what we have nobody wants and is worth wholesale. Bend over boys!

No doubt you could find someone with a Camaro that would want to trade basically even up or possibly some cash to boot!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Teching In

I suggest you the Camaro because it is 10 time better then a truck. Camaro is a name of speed. Anyhow it depends on your driving route. I think if you have a rough mountains route then you should buy a 4x4 truck and if you have a smooth carpeted road then there nothing more then Camaro.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 2010 SS traded it right back a week later for my Denali I have no regrets and I can tell you right now if you S/C your 6.2L 4x4 vs a S/C camaro you would take the lead from a digg! just my $0.02

Quick Reply: thinking about a Camaro