Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Spray-in bedliners if you have one

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Line X over the rail. I am going to get the bottom of my truck done in it.... well maybe. It apparently doesn't look good white ( it yellows) so maybe not unless I want to two tone... which I don't. That said I am going to get both my trailers redone in it. It's tough as hell and you can't sandblast it off ( easily) so why not.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Rug

The Line-X solution: Project Sierra gets a spray-in bed liner | GM-Trucks.com

Good write up on a LineX install, That said I would never break the paint finish on my truck for a spray in. I love the Bed Rug, moved it from my 2007 to the new 2012, just needed the velcro kit which Bed Rug sold me for $35.

I do have a fiberglass cover and no heavy duty use.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Launching!

One more for line-x! Bought my 07 with it already in from previous owner and well used. Coming from a drop in liner to this line-x i tell you I will buy line-x for life. this stuff is slip-resistant! i put 3 packs of awesome bacon and 4 monsters (weekend trip to Door county, needed bacon and mixer for jager.) and with me driving nothing moved the entire way. in my drop in liner crap was all over and i would use an old hockey stick to reach things that slipped toward the cab. didn't mythbusters also use line-x to see if it was c4 proof? either way its worth every penny. Only thing is that theres spilled white paint from previous owner that i cannot get out because the bed liner is so rugged... but oh well i dont worry about scuffing my bed rails either. thickly coated. the roll on liners you buy at stores peel off. buddy of mine did it and month later here I am picking at it and making fun of him. rhino is also good, actually its comparable to line-x in my opinion. rhino is more coarse i believe.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

This is my second truck with a spray-in bedliner... and second one that I have no clue as to what the brand is... both trucks were used when purchased.

My current '10 silverado has the bed rails done and paired with the Access Larado tonneau, it's great... since the tonneau sits inside the bed rails.

IMO don't colormatch to the truck because that will just lead to weird fading and since it's textured it will just attract dirt, further throwing the color off

Additionally.... don't even get a liner unless your really in need of it... hauling really abrasive materials like stone or block...
Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kwk174
I have a plain gloss black Rhino Liner. Just got the truck and it came with it. I love it compared to my old trucks plastic Tuff liner it had.
Rhino sucks, it wasn't even an 1/8" in most places and everywhere else was no where near 1/4" & it started chopping bad and they wouldn't warranty it. I now have Line-x and it is the ****..
Old 10-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Staging Lane

Line-X for the win!!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 AM
cam
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
Line X over the rail.

This^
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Teching In

I have my second Truck with the Tuff spray in and I'm happy with it.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No liner I have seen yet has held up to line-x. It is just good chit.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another happy vote for Line-X. I bought my '99 used and it had it. It was indestructible for the six years I kept that truck, hauling firewood, gravel, bricks, pavers, dead animals and fish .... So when I bought my new truck last year I didn't hesitate to get the same thing, over the rails.

I have used Herculiner's do-it-yourself stuff on the floor of my old boat and it's pretty tough but no where near as thick. It was also a hell of a lot of work to prep the surface right and apply the required two coats.

Line-X FTW!

Quick Reply: Spray-in bedliners if you have one