Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

No fuel :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, what I'm about to say has been told to me by LPE, and not something I heard. They suggest running the BAP before the fpcm so that it itself doesn't have to pull the extra amps that the BAP actually needs to up the voltage to the pump. But, this is the exact opposite I have read from what the new Camaro owners are doing which have a fpcm and a variable voltage pump as we do. They run theirs after the fpcm and before the fuel pump. With the reading I've done on the camaro forums, they too have been having the same issue with the installs on BAPs when ran before the fpcm. This is all what I have read and been told by people that have done these before, but only on camaro's. If it can be done on them with the same fuel set up as us, I don't see why it would be impossible to do on our trucks. I will be getting a BAP probably toward the middle of this month, and I WILL find out how to make this work on my truck.....hopefully.

Last edited by carbongmc; 12-07-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, from what I can tell on their website and by their install directions, ADM also installs the BAP after the fpcm. LPE says that installing them like that will eventually burn up the fpcm because it makes the fpcm pull more amps and work harder to feed the BAP. This is all hearsay (concerning our trucks) and from what I have read online, but Im trying to find out as much info on this as I can for all of us wanting to do this type of install. If anyone has anything to add that Im overlooking, havent read, or from personal experience with the BAPs, please chime in here.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me personally, keeping it simple works a lot better in the end. IMHO. cranking voltage to the pump and over driving it shortens the life of it. this is a given. it's like cranking 14 volts in a 7.2 volt rc car. fast as ***** for a while, then the motor fries.

the aeromotive 340 pump is a good pump, not e85 friendly though. the surge tank being fed by the stocker and the 044 feeding the rail is good for 800 to the tire on race gas. triple intank 255's will support over 800 on e85. this is also on a return style system.

if you want to keep it somewhat "stock" style and still have the volume, the surge tank would work great and have fuel for days.

im not a huge fan of bap's. the ones i have delt with lead to issues.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turns out aeromotive pumps will not work they said they have not worked on the flex fuel pumps on trucks and it's a total different animal that the 2010 and up camaros only people that have tried and actually done this is hennessey performance but they are not allowed to give info I can understand but kinda sucks, the shop is going to remove the fuel system to study it more and see what can be done
Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like area47's idea and smokeshow proved 2 stock pumps work well too. Eh, its all in what your budget is and your wants
Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Area47
what i would do is kinda simple and gets rid of the boost a pump crap.

use the stock pump as a lift pump to feed a surge tank, surge tank out to a bosch 044 pump to the rail. FPR on the "return" side of the rail. run the "return" side to the surge tank. done

sounds more complicated than it actually is
This is exactly what im doing just waiting on the brown man to deliver the fittings from summit, only diff is ill be using 2 340's.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

any updates?
Old 12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well after almost 2weeks of asking and reading we ended up doing a aeromotive 340 with the boost-a-pump ended doing a lil extra other things planning a new engine build after this so wanna have plenty of fuel for later getting it tuned tonight
Old 12-22-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Well after almost 2weeks of asking and reading we ended up doing a aeromotive 340 with the boost-a-pump ended doing a lil extra other things planning a new engine build after this so wanna have plenty of fuel for later getting it tuned tonight
how did the tuning session go?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tiffo60
how did the tuning session go?
good and bad at 9psi it made a healthy 626rwhp and 633rwtq but i wanted more they told me to keep it at 9psi and i told them lets push it some more at 12psi final run was 717rwhp and 752rwtq and then motor gave up i should of listen to them but i said more boost please but now i got a new build in process

Quick Reply: No fuel :(