Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

New 2010 CC Sierra 6.2L--- YEAH!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the problem lies with the Texas Edition, not with the 6.2 or the 3.42s. They have the same deal with color restrictions on Silverados with the Z71 Appearance Package; I don't understand why they restrict colors on option packages. Anyway, sounds like you're going to have to pick and choose whether you want a Midnight Blue Metallic truck or a Texas Edition truck
Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Well the problem lies with the Texas Edition, not with the 6.2 or the 3.42s. They have the same deal with color restrictions on Silverados with the Z71 Appearance Package; I don't understand why they restrict colors on option packages. Anyway, sounds like you're going to have to pick and choose whether you want a Midnight Blue Metallic truck or a Texas Edition truck
Yes unfornately im starting to realize that, I just wanted to see what package tdub_23 had to get for the 6.2 Option on for the color. Far as i know you can't upgrade from a 4.8 straight to a 6.2 and you can't upgrade from a Powertech package. Im going to call GM directly and get some damn answers on this.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
Yes unfornately im starting to realize that, I just wanted to see what package tdub_23 had to get for the 6.2 Option on for the color. Far as i know you can't upgrade from a 4.8 straight to a 6.2 and you can't upgrade from a Powertech package. Im going to call GM directly and get some damn answers on this.
I wasn't too keen on the Texas Edition with the chrome mirror caps and chrome body molding, however they offer such big discounts on the TE that it's way cheaper to get it compaired to low option 6.2's. I drove out a $41K truck for just under $32k out the door. Was hard not to take that deal.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
I wasn't too keen on the Texas Edition with the chrome mirror caps and chrome body molding, however they offer such big discounts on the TE that it's way cheaper to get it compaired to low option 6.2's. I drove out a $41K truck for just under $32k out the door. Was hard not to take that deal.
I feel yea man, its just if im going to drop that kinda coin again I want to make sure its something i'll be happy with for a long time lol. I sent GM an email, let see what there reply is.....
Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is there reply, They say you can't get a Texas Edition with a 6.2, *Cough Cough* BS !

Dear Mr. Wherry,

Thank you for contacting GMC and for your interest in the 2011 Sierra 1500! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

The 2011 Sierra 1500 SLT with the Vortec 6.2L V8 SFI engine is available with the Maximum Trailering Package along with the Midnight Blue Metallic exterior color.

The Texas Edition Package is only available with the 5.3L engine and is not available with the Midnight Blue Metallic exterior color. The reasons why are not published, and therefore, we cannot advise you specifically on this matter. We value your business and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just posted the following on the "It's going to be interesting ..." thread. I think it applies here as well:
I'm beginning to realize that they must change these "minor details" every time some part or sub-assembly is available/unavailable or cheaper/not-cheaper. No wonder you need to bring in your VIN to order the right head gasket or ashtray. What's available today may not be around tomorrow.

FWIW
Old 03-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

I wish it were true man, but here is a direct quote from GMC

TEXAS EDITION
includes Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI Flex-Fuel engine, (S84) 4 - 20" x 8.5" (50.8 cm x 21.6 cm) chrome-clad aluminum wheels, (DL8) outside heated power-adjustable, chrome-capped, manual-folding mirrors, (Z82) trailering package, (CJ2) dual-zone automatic air conditioning, (UPF) Bluetooth for phone, (UK3) steering wheel-mounted audio controls, (UUI) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, (AG1) driver 6-way power seat adjuster, (T96) front fog lamps, (A60) locking tailgate, (PPA) EZ-lift tailgate, bodyside moldings with chrome accents, chrome door handles and Texas emblem badging.
(Requires delivery to residents of TX/OK/LA and select counties in New Mexico, Arkansas, Kansas and Mississippi. Not available with Fleet or Government order types. Liftgate bezel is Black if (UVC) rearview camera system is ordered. Not available with exterior color (37U) Midnight Blue Metallic or (GGU) Gray Green Metallic. Not available with any SEO options.)

I wish i could find an explanation for this lol.

I have enclosed two pictures of my window sticker. I think the only things outlined in the "Texas Edition" is the chrome stripe down the side, different door moldings and the Texas Edition Badges. Hope this helps

Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tdub_23
I have enclosed two pictures of my window sticker. I think the only things outlined in the "Texas Edition" is the chrome stripe down the side, different door moldings and the Texas Edition Badges. Hope this helps

You bet your *** it does, thanks alot Tdub, I hope you don't mind me showing this to my sales guy to see what he can do about it ? That is awesome you can upgrade straight to the 6.2 from a 4.8L !!!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

The upgrade almost always shows upgrade from 4.8-5.3 then 6.2.

All the window stickers i have seen all show the 4.8 as the standard engine then packages going up from there.

Thats the first one i have seen straight from 4.8 to 6.2L.

If you get the black mirror caps i'll trade you for my chrome ones. I can't stand them.

Also i'm not digging the chrome stripe down the side.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tdub_23

Hey T-dub that sticker is a mirror image of mine. I'd love to know what you walked out the door for if you don't mind.

Quick Reply: New 2010 CC Sierra 6.2L--- YEAH!