Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Need some advice........

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks like I'm gonna hafta yank a fuse or 2, then WHOA NELLIE! I'll let y'all know what I find........
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What two fuses are you pulling? I pulled the two fuses under the hood marked as ABS are these the right ones? A picture would help. I would love to be able to roast them on occasion.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
What two fuses are you pulling? I pulled the two fuses under the hood marked as ABS are these the right ones? A picture would help. I would love to be able to roast them on occasion.
Anyone?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry, haven't deved into fuses yet, been really really busy. But a small iue I have is when I jam on itand run up to 90+ then let up a bit to shift it's like the tranny gets stuck in 4th or 5th. Then with a little help and a moment it'll kick into 6th. Is the tranny still too new?(I have a little over 2,000 mi on the clock. Should I do a little more beating on the truck..........
Old 03-21-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine does it too. I have never really paid attention to it. I've been beating on mine since i bought it with 4 miles. I think it is the trans adjusting from holding the gear so long to just throwing it into od.

Also i seen someone saying the new trucks didn't have dod. Is that displacement on Demand? Because i have it on my truck! I had to turn it off cause it was annoying.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Also i seen someone saying the new trucks didn't have dod. Is that displacement on Demand? Because i have it on my truck! I had to turn it off cause it was annoying.
The "L94" 6.2 with DOD (aka AFM) is only available on the SUVs. The pickups still use the "L9H" 6.2 - with VVT but NO DOD.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX
The "L94" 6.2 with DOD (aka AFM) is only available on the SUVs. The pickups still use the "L9H" 6.2 - with VVT but NO DOD.
Dude i don't want to call you a liar, but i had to turn mine off with my tuner.
Drive down to League city and I'll prove it. With it on its all sluggish when it shuts down but when i turn it off it drives smooth. What else would be causing that?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Question

Dude i don't want to call you a liar, but i had to turn mine off with my tuner.
Drive down to League city and I'll prove it. With it on its all sluggish when it shuts down but when i turn it off it drives smooth. What else would be causing that?
Not calling you a liar either, but just to make sure I just re-checked the GM online order guides for GMC and Chevy - L9H is the only 6.2 available on the pickups, and it does NOT have DOD/AFM
Old 03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX
Not calling you a liar either, but just to make sure I just re-checked the GM online order guides for GMC and Chevy - L9H is the only 6.2 available on the pickups, and it does NOT have DOD/AFM
ok so come drive my truck with it turned off and tell me what it is. If i am right i get to drive your Formula!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

ok so come drive my truck with it turned off and tell me what it is. If i am right i get to drive your Formula!
Weird!

Dunno what the heck you're tuning out, but you're more than welcome to drive my Formy if I'm wrong, LOL!