Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

My 08 Sierra grounded and colormatched!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also, do you really need a tank to have air bags? can you pull it off to just have the bags and a compressor.

The main purpose for me to have them is to keep my truck from bottoming out. I wont be filling and emptying the bags much. Very rarely do i carry anything on my truck. The bags will just be extra insurance, if you will
Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey bro, i have the same drop and put som 22" boyds on and the the front and im running a NT420 285/40/22 and it clears with out loosing side wall. Id say those up front and the NT420 in the 305/40/22 out back would look sweet...now i just need to buy pair of 305's
Old 08-10-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01 BERGER CAMARO SS
hey bro, i have the same drop and put som 22" boyds on and the the front and im running a NT420 285/40/22 and it clears with out loosing side wall. Id say those up front and the NT420 in the 305/40/22 out back would look sweet...now i just need to buy pair of 305's
but my 305's touch the inner fenders of the bed when i hit a bump or when i floor it...

Thats why im trying to find an air bag kit. wonder if i should start another thread for this
Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hhhhmmm, have you tried styling trucks or even jegs? ive seen them on there..How about running a thin billit spacer? should net you about 1/4 of an inch..
Old 08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hhhhmmm, have you tried styling trucks or even jegs? ive seen them on there..How about running a thin billit spacer? should net you about 1/4 of an inch..
I think i might just go with the air bag set up. incase i need to tow anything with it, ill be able to.

I found a kit on Summit racing, about $350 for everything including a dash guage and air compressor. Not bad, i think.

saw those boyds you were talking about on RGV. they look sick man.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Blackjack, I've just fallen in love with your truck. I think I'm going to steal your idea a little bit (if you don't mind) and black mine out as well. Did you paint the chrome trim around your grill or get new pieces that were black? I do my own painting so I'm wondering did you do those and the bumpers in a base coat clear coat or single stage? Do you know if there is a place I can buy regular non chrome bumpers so I can save my chrome ones in case I want that look later? Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea, i put them on and liked it but not enough to keep them..lol...didnt really like the staggerd look. Im going to order gloss black TBSS wheels and black out the mirrors, bowtie, remove emblems, and lightly tint all the lights...Going for the murder mobster look like some one i know..lol...jus kidd'in bro..Your truck looks sick
Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea, i put them on and liked it but not enough to keep them..lol...didnt really like the staggerd look. Im going to order gloss black TBSS wheels and black out the mirrors, bowtie, remove emblems, and lightly tint all the lights...Going for the murder mobster look like some one i know..lol...jus kidd'in bro..Your truck looks sick
lol mobster look easy, ill go after you man hahaha

hey where are people getting those TBSS wheels for our trucks? Id like those or the GMC 22" with the 8 spokes. Those are bad ***. But i wouldnt want them all black, If i could get them in a machined/black finish it be great.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raidmagic
Hey Blackjack, I've just fallen in love with your truck. I think I'm going to steal your idea a little bit (if you don't mind) and black mine out as well. Did you paint the chrome trim around your grill or get new pieces that were black? I do my own painting so I'm wondering did you do those and the bumpers in a base coat clear coat or single stage? Do you know if there is a place I can buy regular non chrome bumpers so I can save my chrome ones in case I want that look later? Thanks
thanks man, and by all means go ahead and do what you like on your ride. The original grill was painted black. I took it to a body shop to have the work done, so i dont know exactly how they did it. I know how they should have done it though lol... but it looks pretty good.

right now im painting the interior plastics. just the pieces around the radio and the plastic where the light switch is. its gonna be gloss black, like the body. i think it'll add a nice touch.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackjack325
lol mobster look easy, ill go after you man hahaha

hey where are people getting those TBSS wheels for our trucks? Id like those or the GMC 22" with the 8 spokes. Those are bad ***. But i wouldnt want them all black, If i could get them in a machined/black finish it be great.
..lol...let do it, my truck got bulletproof in ciudad victoria..lol...jk

i know rios tires and wheels on 23rd street next to the place where junior works had some last week in chrome. If they can get me a better deal than norcal then ill buy them local but i dought it...I talked to the company that makes them and asked if they could sell me bare castings with no coating so i could polish them but they said no.. So my plan is to roll all blacked out for a while then remove the black coating and polish them...not a fan of chrome

Quick Reply: My 08 Sierra grounded and colormatched!!!