Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

My 08 Sierra continued...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronsnay
Truck looks awesome! I in favor of putting the GMC emblem back on also. I have seen a truck a while back the had a similiar grille and put the emblem in the bottom driver side corner.

I planning on getting this grille for my truck but can't decided between the brushed aluminum or black chrome. My truck is the dark silver metallic (forgot gm's color name). Did you have to remove your factory grille? If not can you easily see the factory one behind it? Also you mentioned having to cut the grille to put the emblem back on, you can't just put the emblem on top of the streetscene grille?
I say if your truck is colormatched, get it in the brushed finish.

The problem with putting the GMC logo back on is that you have to cut into the grill because on the back of the GMC logo, there are about 5 tabs that stick out about 1-2" that get plugged on the stock grille.

You do have to remove the stock grill to install it, but it rests on top of the stock grill. You have to remove it to make it easier to put on.
The included instructions suck, and the printed images that are suppose to help you figure it out are terrible quality. So I put the tabs on as best as they make sense to me and it did the trick...

Depending on the angle, you can slightly see the stock grill behind it but not a lot. I love the way it looks
Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackjack325
I say if your truck is colormatched, get it in the brushed finish.

The problem with putting the GMC logo back on is that you have to cut into the grill because on the back of the GMC logo, there are about 5 tabs that stick out about 1-2" that get plugged on the stock grille.

You do have to remove the stock grill to install it, but it rests on top of the stock grill. You have to remove it to make it easier to put on.
The included instructions suck, and the printed images that are suppose to help you figure it out are terrible quality. So I put the tabs on as best as they make sense to me and it did the trick...

Depending on the angle, you can slightly see the stock grill behind it but not a lot. I love the way it looks
Well my wife hit a firehydrant with my truck about two weeks ago and gave me the perfect oppournity to colormatch. I am changing the bumper to the one with the cutout in it.

I'm not sure if you made a typo above but you said "you do have to remove the stock grille to install it, but it rests on top of the stock grille." Do you have any pictures from your install or close ups to show how the grille is installed? Also is that Boss wheels?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

Very nice man, love the truck
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aaronsnay
Well my wife hit a firehydrant with my truck about two weeks ago and gave me the perfect oppournity to colormatch. I am changing the bumper to the one with the cutout in it.

I'm not sure if you made a typo above but you said "you do have to remove the stock grille to install it, but it rests on top of the stock grille." Do you have any pictures from your install or close ups to show how the grille is installed? Also is that Boss wheels?
I mean you have to detach the whole grill shell itself from the truck to get the Street Scene grille on. So that you can attach the clips included that will snap from the SS grille to the back/bottom of the grill shell.
I used blue painters tape all around the grill because it does touch the surrounding grill shell, and since mine is painted i think it would scrape of a good piece of it if i didnt use tape.
BUT! its touching the bottom section so much that I couldnt remove that bottom section of tape. So I have a blue stripe on there now lol, you can barely see it though.
Sorry, didnt take any install pics.
The wheels are Cruiser Alloy Switchblades.

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Very nice man, love the truck
thanks, coming from one of the sickest trucks on the forum IMO

Last edited by blackjack325; 12-14-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its a thought, but then it wouldnt have reflectors in it right? you need those for state inspection though...
i don't have mine in and I have illegal tint lol
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08Chevy
i don't have mine in and I have illegal tint lol
Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't act like your **** will pass code LOL.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well... lets see, long tubes with cat-less pipe wont lol

but my tint is legal, and my lights are too... the trick is to appear legal. what are the chances DPS will get under your truck and look for cats?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Go low enough and they couldnt get down there to see
Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks, coming from one of the sickest trucks on the forum IMO
Agreed!

Quick Reply: My 08 Sierra continued...