Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

LSA Supercharger in 6.2L NNBS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:25 AM
LS1Tech Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSA Supercharger in 6.2L NNBS?

Looking to see if anyone has successfully installed an LSA supercharger into a 07-13 NNBS Truck or SUV with a 6.2L or 6.2L heads. I have a spare LSA supercharger along with some extra parts from my CTSV and have been throwing around the idea of installing it in my 2009 Tahoe PPV. I currently have a 5.3L but I dohave a spare 6.2L that I could thown in. Just trying to see what all will be required to bolt everything in. Any info is appreciated.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

For starters you need the rectangle port heads... so the 6.2 will be necessary. Second you will need to rearrange the accesory drive a little. You will likely need to change to an LS3 water pump and the alt/PS accessories as well. People have installed that blower on other rides and there are fairly comprehensive "install kits" if you look around.

The good news is the LSA blower accessory spacing is the same as the truck accessories.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:13 AM
LS1Tech Whore

What about the sensors, heat exchanger, etc?
Old 02-19-2015, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope it's OK to post a link to another forum here, I guess I'll find out. There's a guy who works at a dealer who posts a lot on the Chev SS forum. He put up a list of the required parts to install an LSA blower on the SS (LS3 6.2) - I know you're talking about a Tahoe, but some of the info might be helpful. LINK

FWIW
Old 10-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NKPPhil
I hope it's OK to post a link to another forum here, I guess I'll find out. There's a guy who works at a dealer who posts a lot on the Chev SS forum. He put up a list of the required parts to install an LSA blower on the SS (LS3 6.2) - I know you're talking about a Tahoe, but some of the info might be helpful. LINK

FWIW
Has anyone ever assembled a parts list to do the swap on a 6.2 truck? Wouldn't it be cheaper than this thread says since you need less stuff accessory wise? My escalade is flex fuel. Would the factory injectors work with this?
The following users liked this post:
A4edwin (02-06-2022)
Old 11-02-2015, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

bumping this back to the top for the above question ^^^^^
The following users liked this post:
A4edwin (02-06-2022)
Old 11-02-2015, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ClintBeastwood
Has anyone ever assembled a parts list to do the swap on a 6.2 truck? Wouldn't it be cheaper than this thread says since you need less stuff accessory wise? My escalade is flex fuel. Would the factory injectors work with this?
I would at the very minimum run stock V/LSA injectors.

Originally Posted by Jonblarc7
bumping this back to the top for the above question ^^^^^
I do have every part needed for a swap. I have sold a couple 'kits' ideally.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I guess we could start a running thread, fellow brothers and sisters, please make corrections.

LSA - TVS Eaton 1900/1.9L (GM warranty pull offs are on ebay, assuming there is no damage) solid coupler will need to be installed, GM or Aftermarket
LS9 - TVS Eaton 2300/2.3L unknown coupler, but I think its solid factory

FYI it's now its possible to keep the 5.3, there are adaptor plates for the LSA to cathedral port heads. (this will not be needed for the 6.2 rectangle port heads)

Adaptors & Brackets - adaptors for cathedral port heads (sandwich in-between the LSA and stock heads), the adaptor plates I believe are 1/2-1" thick, this could keep you from installing the "ZL1" upper plate, its taller & larger, it gets a little tight at the top of the bulk-head/firewall (but not confirmed), the ZL1 plate may require different cooling hoses, as they exit out the front, vs CTSV which exits out the rear.

Throttle body requires you to buy more front brackets to relocate the Alt/power steering pump to make room for the throttle body in intake houseing. (mostly has to do with the alternator, since they both share the same cast alum... bracket it will be completely removed, that's why the power steering pump is also included)

Pulleys, I believe the LSA is a 8 rib pulley, but it will physically allow a stock GMT-900 SUV/Truck 6 rib belt to work, and the alignment seems to work.
-another place holder, possible alternator pulley change.

Valley cover - just put this here as a place holder, not sure what to put here between the 5.3 AFM and 6.2 non-AFM valley covers, since you have both.

Cooling/heat exchanger system - hose's for each respected top plate either CTSV vs ZL1, coolant pump, reservoir, hose clamps and other misc... parts.

Fuel -Minimum a flex fuel pump if you don't already have one . In this case I believe the factory LSA fuel injectors are best vs stock GMT-900 SUV/Truck injectors.

place holder here - I don't think the LSA charged engines are actual flex fuel compatible from a OEM factory configuration , but our GMT-900's need the flex fuel pump for better fuel output.

Intake - Elbow & custom intake to get to the stock air box location (passenger side), unless you find a way to mount a Camaro or CTSV air box on the driver side since we do have available space, either way there will be some custom parts needed.

Electrical - wiring & relay/s to power and run the cooling pump & added sensors.

Tune (I don't think its necessary to install a new OS, but its recommended) I am a HP Tuners user.

that's all I got for now, other LSA conversion guys please add to it.

Last edited by camcamaro1991; 11-03-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone on here actually done this before? I haven't seen any actually done so far. Just know it's possible.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ClintBeastwood
Has anyone on here actually done this before? I haven't seen any actually done so far. Just know it's possible.
Yes, there are a few folks that have done this hence why I added the info above (I am not supercharged, but been eye balling systems). I think it would get more traction if posted in the Forced Induction forum.

Quick Reply: LSA Supercharger in 6.2L NNBS?