Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Looking at GMT900 need advice from the pros (thats you)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to go with some Coverking seat covers so I'm not too concerned about cloth vs leather. Not sure which material yet, I ordered some free swatches to pick from. I have a Australian Shepherd and an 8 month old.. Stain and hair resistance is a plus for me.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NKPPhil
well you could have said "detail-oriented" ...

LOL

1slow ,hey I like your new ride,I would want you have if I did sell mine except with a pile of miles then build engine and go FI
Old 05-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Yeah, I can understand that. I've got dogs but no kids and black cloth, and I figured that the claws would make a mess of the leather so I went with cloth for that aspect as well as the heat. I didn't think about the stains when I got my truck, but oh well. Worst case scenario I'll swap down the road if I change my mind or my interior goes to ****.
Leather doesnt catch stains as bad, cloth doesnt get marked up as bad. Pick your poison pretty much. Ive just found that its easier to get a cheapo blanket to put over leather for the mutts and if there is a liquid mess you can throw the blanket the washer and wipe up the mess off the leather. Just what works for me, plus the wife is cold blooded so she needs the seat warmers.
Originally Posted by KC_kid
I was going to go with some Coverking seat covers so I'm not too concerned about cloth vs leather. Not sure which material yet, I ordered some free swatches to pick from. I have a Australian Shepherd and an 8 month old.. Stain and hair resistance is a plus for me.
So far from what Ive seen the $600 katzkin specials off ebay seem to be the best deal.
Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0

LOL

1slow ,hey I like your new ride,I would want you have if I did sell mine except with a pile of miles then build engine and go FI
Mine does have a pile of miles(125K)
Mine will be getting a built engine and a turbo

I had to have a fully loaded truck and the best I could find a 6.2 truck for was ~32K OTD so I saved 13K by buying this truck and I can use that savings to get all teh goodies I really want and not blow my load on initial purchase price
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Leather doesnt catch stains as bad, cloth doesnt get marked up as bad. Pick your poison pretty much. Ive just found that its easier to get a cheapo blanket to put over leather for the mutts and if there is a liquid mess you can throw the blanket the washer and wipe up the mess off the leather. Just what works for me, plus the wife is cold blooded so she needs the seat warmers.

So far from what Ive seen the $600 katzkin specials off ebay seem to be the best deal.

Mine does have a pile of miles(125K)
Mine will be getting a built engine and a turbo

I had to have a fully loaded truck and the best I could find a 6.2 truck for was ~32K OTD so I saved 13K by buying this truck and I can use that savings to get all teh goodies I really want and not blow my load on initial purchase price

Thats what im talking about! I love this 2010 like new creampuff.But im getting ready to move into new house and shop and would like to go xcab and lower cost to build on.So 130-150K miles would be fine,has to be new body

Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took me about 4 months to find mine since I was extremely particular. Had to have black, crew cab, 4wd, ltz, with nav, rear dvd and of course the Vmax package. You can find my truck for high teens OTD pretty easily. I know how you feel, we just bought a new house in August so my play fund is very thin these days. Sure is nice doing mods that appreciate in value on the house though
Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You can find my truck for high teens OTD pretty easily.
High teens? I must be looking in the wrong place... I can't find a NNBS for less than $25k around here unless it's a 4.8.

Another questions for this topic... buying a used truck, what mileage should I be comfortable with, spending $25-28k? I've seen anywhere from 13k miles on a 2011 for $29k or 82k miles on a killer Denali for $28k. My truck has 150k and runs great so I know these engines are good for higher mileage, I just don't want to buy a nice truck and be worried about high mileage. I was looking in the 40k miles or less range but then the options go away to stay in the price range. 40-80k miles seems like a big jump, maybe 4 years of driving for me.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 AM
Man Motor club

I'm telling you man, you're not looking hard enough in the right places. You gotta find people who realize their truck isn't made of gold.

Slow, where did you buy your truck? Private owner or dealer?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjwz28
I'm telling you man, you're not looking hard enough in the right places. You gotta find people who realize their truck isn't made of gold.
Ok, I realize what you're saying. I picked up a Wheels For You at the local grocery store and found an 07 with 85k miles that was $18,5, so it is possible. I wasn't shopping in the wheels for you magazine before.

On a side note, I found a nice truck at a dealer, 2011 with 8,000 miles on it. It has 20" upgrade premium wheels, not the optional ones, the nice upgrade ones. Do I need to be concerned with how these big wheels will affect anything like power to the ground or mileage?

That's my only concern, if they'll affect driveability, otherwise they look awesome and so does this truck.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They appear to be part CK951,
Accessories Details
Old 05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Man Motor club

They will affect things a bit, yeah, as they are heavier; however, since they are within factory spec it isn't too bad, especially if you like the way they look and you aren't trying to squeeze out every last bit of performance. You will be happy with the truck and it will drive just fine, and you won't even know the difference unless you swap to smaller, lighter wheels down the road. Honestly, I am not into 20s but if I had found a truck that had everything else I wanted but it was on 20s, I would still buy it; wheels can be easily traded around if one so desires.

Quick Reply: Looking at GMT900 need advice from the pros (thats you)