Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Longtubes..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knight Rid3r
Thanks for the feedback. I'm no stranger to headers but mainly deal with cars. I was just curious as to what kind of headers have worked best with the 5.3 truck. I'm kind of new to truck modifications so I don't necessarily know what to go with for this application. I know of all the brands listed above and have access to Jet-Hot at a very inexpensive price so chrome or ceramic coated doesn't really matter to me. I know a lot of LS-1 guys use Pacesetters but I couldn't really locate any for a 5.3 truck...I was looking for maybe a couple of websites? or stores? I'd appreciate any info I can get! Thanks again

Sounds like the 99-04 Pacesetters will work on 2wd 07-08 trucks by slightly shortening the y-pipe before the cat-back flange. Ran these on my '99, they did there job well enough I pulled them off before selling to install on my new '08. Just waiting to pick a converter and i'll slap them both on.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=650&catid=20
Old 11-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shupe
Sounds like the 99-04 Pacesetters will work on 2wd 07-08 trucks by slightly shortening the y-pipe before the cat-back flange. Ran these on my '99, they did there job well enough I pulled them off before selling to install on my new '08. Just waiting to pick a converter and i'll slap them both on.

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=650&catid=20
I've looked a few places at these headers and found that LS1 headers are the same? Is this also correct? If this is the case I have no need to buy headers. I already have a set of Pacesetters for an LS1.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knight Rid3r
I've looked a few places at these headers and found that LS1 headers are the same? Is this also correct? If this is the case I have no need to buy headers. I already have a set of Pacesetters for an LS1.
Don't know about that. Seems like someone was using a set of stainless works ls1 headers on their truck. Couldn't speak to the pacesetter LS1 headers from another application.

You could always give it a shot and let us know if it works or not. Header install doesn't take long. Thats if they fit of course.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might just give it a shot and see...