PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/)
-   -   GMT900 Hydroboost Conversion How-to (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/gmt900-hydroboost-conversion-how-515579/)

Wyttrash96 11-15-2013 12:39 PM

Alright, just got everything swapped in, attempting to bleed the steering, not sure if I'm getting it though. The brake pedal isn't getting any stiffer though. I thought since the brake and steering hydraulics are now tied together that bleeding the steering would bleed the brakes too. Am I wrong? Do I need to bleed the brakes seperately?

mdwatts11 11-15-2013 06:03 PM

I think so, I am pretty sure the fluid for the master cylinder is different than the hydroboost.

Did you do this on an nnbs? Did you make any progress on the dash light/warning?

Wyttrash96 11-15-2013 06:37 PM

Yep, 08 VMax. I haven't bothered with the SERVICE BRAKES SOON message yet though, no. I also have an extra electrical connector that was plugged into the booster, and an unused plug recepticle on the right side of the pump. Anyone know what these are?

Foxxer 12-05-2013 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by mdwatts11 (Post 5163022)
I think so, I am pretty sure the fluid for the master cylinder is different than the hydroboost.

Did you do this on an nnbs? Did you make any progress on the dash light/warning?

Yes sir, nnbs, fluids are different and I couldn't remove the warning too.

iamkeniff 12-14-2014 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 96344

Factory fitting at the Rack. Def a bad GM design for us that want hydroboost :jest:

iamkeniff 05-21-2015 11:21 PM

Any chance anyone found out how to disable the "service brakes soon" yet? Mine still says it, but it doesnt bother me

mdwatts11 10-24-2015 02:25 PM

Can anyone confirm if you can reuse the original master cylinder like you could on the nbs trucks? I am thinking you can avoid the extra headache of the different size fittings on the brake lines by just swapping over the master cylinder.

Also, no one has had any luck with the 'service brakes soon' message?

iamkeniff 10-24-2015 03:06 PM

Idk if you can find a booster that has the same "spread" for the master. I have not had different boosters in hand to compare to my oem master.

I have not figured it out yet, but i do know that no matter how you jump the harness it does not clear the code like the old swap. You do have an ABS plug, that all you have to do is wire together to keep it from throwing the ABS lights.

I am planning to compare ohms on am oem setup asap

Three6GMC 10-24-2015 04:18 PM

i got mine to work without saying the service brakes soon message. I just capped off the end that went into the brake booster and left the sensor connected to the intake.

mdwatts11 10-24-2015 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by iamkeniff (Post 5319940)
Idk if you can find a booster that has the same "spread" for the master. I have not had different boosters in hand to compare to my oem master.

I have not figured it out yet, but i do know that no matter how you jump the harness it does not clear the code like the old swap. You do have an ABS plug, that all you have to do is wire together to keep it from throwing the ABS lights.

I am planning to compare ohms on am oem setup asap

Do you have a part number for the master cylinder you used, and did it require any funky fittings to get your brake lines to work with it?

Originally Posted by Three6GMC (Post 5319953)
i got mine to work without saying the service brakes soon message. I just capped off the end that went into the brake booster and left the sensor connected to the intake.

So, you just capped it with a rubber cap and left it dangling where it was originally by where the booster was?

Did you jump the wires on the abs sensor like iamkeniff said?

Thanks for the help guys. I am trying to figure out all of this crap before I start ordering stuff to do the swap.