Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Flexfuel pump swap into non Flexfuel NNBS ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo09
How did it go? No codes?
Unfortunately mine was acting like it didn't have fuel pressure before with the p069e code... fcpm scanned good so i went ahead and swapped the pump. Same issue it doesn't start. Just rolls over. Unfortunately the dealership says that pump wont work and has to have the original onenit was born with to work.... i refuse to argue. Butttttt i know the pump works because i tested it
Old 10-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vettelovralexand
I finally got this upgrade done last night after I got the FPCM off of ebay for a 2009 flex fuel truck. If you have the pump and the module, this is a 3 hour job to drop the tank, swap the pump, and install the flex fuel module. Before the module swap (flex fuel pump installed), the fuel pressure was 58 psi during light loads and dropped to 43 psi under boost. Now, those are flipped the way the original non-flex fuel system worked. Also, the new module got rid of the fpcm fault that was setting with just the flex fuel pump installed.
Does the fpcm module need to match the pump part number?
Old 10-14-2015, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My understanding is that the actual base modules are all the same, but the programming is different depending on flex fuel vs non flex. I just bought a module off a same model year wrecked truck after buying a new fuel pump module for a flex fuel truck of the same year.

The only thing I haven't done yet is fix my fuel gauge reading. It sits at about 7/8 of a tank when the tank is full.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

My understanding is that the actual base modules are all the same, but the programming is different depending on flex fuel vs non flex. I just bought a module off a same model year wrecked truck after buying a new fuel pump module for a flex fuel truck of the same year.

The only thing I haven't done yet is fix my fuel gauge reading. It sits at about 7/8 of a tank when the tank is full.

I imagine thats going to be hard to find. Mine is an 09
Old 05-27-2016, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got this upgrade done last night after I got the FPCM off of ebay for a 2009 flex fuel truck. If you have the pump and the module, this is a 3 hour job to drop the tank, swap the pump, and install the flex fuel module. Before the module swap (flex fuel pump installed), the fuel pressure was 58 psi during light loads and dropped to 43 psi under boost. Now, those are flipped the way the original non-flex fuel system worked. Also, the new module got rid of the fpcm fault that was setting with just the flex fuel pump installed.
Did u get flex pump and fpcm from both trucks?

I just added a flex pump to my non flex truck. It now throws 2 codes
P0443 evap purge control
P069e fpcm

Can i just buy a flex fpcm off ebay or does it have to b programmed?
Old 05-27-2016, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were both pieces from the same vehicle? I just added a flex pump am getting 2 codes. Can i buy a used fpcm from same year truck and just plug and play?
Old 05-28-2016, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought a pump module from rockauto and got the fpcm from a truck that was being parted out on ebay. When I put just the pump in, I had lights and the pressure control was backwards but then the new fpcm fixed the lights and made the pressure control logic go back to normal.

Everything was plug and play when I put it together though.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by setxathlete14
I imagine thats going to be hard to find. Mine is an 09
So is mine.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm still rocking the MU1847. It's a direct swap, no fpcm swap or codes or anything. It's holding great so far at 8 psi.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

I have no idea so I'm asking

What makes the MU1847 better than the stock non flex flue pump. What injectors are you running.

Quick Reply: Flexfuel pump swap into non Flexfuel NNBS ???